[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

DHL is super fast, generally less then a week to arrive in the USA.

Lumintop sent my proto today via DHL (or at least they packed it, not sure if it is the weekend in China, it may not actually go out until Monday there), I guess we will see when it arrives. My guess is late next week.

A few questions:

1. Release process seems too fast. Wondering if it will release at near same time with Q8. What is the projected release date?
2. 30Q cells are unnecessary for this light? Is there any table if there is any gain with those high ampere cells? NCR18650B fulfills the flashlights demand?
3. Do we need pointed cells like Q8 for this light?
4. Any lumen gain with 8 cells over 4 cells?

Thanks.

And what is up with the payment? I hope it will be Banggood assisted or something Chinese like that as Paypal is forbidden in where I live (die).

1. IDK, and I don’t know that anyone does. They shoot for quality and not a final date.
2. correct. It only draws ~2.5 amps no matter what cells are in the light or how many.
3. IDK
4. See #2

@fuzun
In addition to what BrianK said above, here is what The Miller said back in POST #4548 .

That is about as close as it gets for now I think.

But compared to the Q8, this babie is on the Fast Track it appears.

Bring it on……… :+1:

Wow fuzun, it is rather late here after a surprising hefty but heartwarming night (lol BLF related as well, all good :wink: )
You are going pretty hard, I can’t keep up.
It doesn’t read all to clean and clear so why not PM me about your troubles?
I will get back to you tomorrow and we see what can be done OK? Yeah, shoot me a PM on this, sure we can get a nice solution without all needing to get going at your high pace :slight_smile:
For the rest, if a true general issue is discovered here, we will report back on it with a solution so treat it as not written please :wink:

fuzun, you might want to delete post # 4571.

Yeah I have deleted it because unfortunately writing comments like that is not allowed here and it is a direct cause for getting in prison. We need some freedom for Turkey :slight_smile:

Thanks for warning.

No that isn’t a reason that I know of. It’s just that one never knows who reads the forum.

Or for the DHL tax issue will be another solution to pay the cost in two parts. Pay 20$ and 91$ in two payments and LT send me an email about the 20$ what I be able to show to DHL that it is under the tax cost. And they don’t need to send in two packages.

Anxious about the PM’s now! the sooner it arrives in my message box the happier and more ‘illuminated’ i will be for the rest of the year

Anyone US based know if we should go with DHL or not?

I asked this earlier as I didn’t know either.

We should be dandy. :face_with_monocle:

It is not safe. still high risk for some coutries
divide into two package will be better.
And lumintop are Very serious for this group buy,so They will well packaged

Is it too late to get one of these?

No now that it changed to a long action with only a 555 limitation for the lowest price it is nice to be able to say that all who want one can get one.

Sorry….how do i go about ordering now then?

well it is not completed
Here is the crude overview of steps needed

1 three prototypes need thorough checking SHIPPED SO ANY DAY NOW THIS CAN START

2 things found in 1 debated

3 things from 2 worked on by LT

4 if it seems OK LT sends out seven prototypes or samples for scrutiny
4a in case of any doubts 1 or 2 new prototypes are send to us
4b, repeat 2 and 3 in case of 4a :wink:

5 the team decides if they are prototypes or samples
5a still no good? Repeat 2,3 and 4 (unlikely but still)

6 whole team declares samples and GO is given

7 LT prepares the GTs and people start ordering.

That is it.
All on the list for the first 555 get a PM and have 5 days to order and pay (one GT max per order)
Then, if not all 555 are sold, a PM is send to a corresponding number of people on the list after 555, and again they have 5 days to order and pay.
Then, if not all 555 are sold, yet again a PM goes to the next people on the list who will have 5 days to order and pay.

After that, the limitation for 555 is gone and the price is getting closer to retail ($150 now) and the rest of people on the list get the PM to start ordering
Missed your chance for $111 for whatever reason? sorry but then it is $150

When Lumintop decides the $150 deal is going to stop it will stop and the GT gets its retail price of $249.95 (maybe with some value adding things, IDK we have to see) and sold via whatever vendor LT wants (so probably the big ones like GB BG FT and such, meaning some deals must be able to be found (like the Fasttech Sunday 10% off thing would allow one to order a GT for ~$225 there ) )
Missed your chance for $111 or $150 for whatever reason? sorry but then it is retail,think in the $200 - $250 range

Thank you Neal, Thank you The Miller. Thanks to all the team
But:
I use google translate.

If you pay import duties
No problem taxes “Customs fees”

Yes problem DHL
DHL charges x 2 postage, (shipping costs twice)
Invoice at source, to the issuer
Invoice to the destination, to the receiver.
DHL recipient says
Customs Procedures
Fees for customs procedures
Although Customs does not charge,
DHL invoice by management.

O.K.

In Zimbabwe.
In Spain =
In Spain it’s the same , In Spain, the same thing

is it possible to pay with Paypal ?