[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

But a nice looking one…… :wink:

Are you reading my mind :wink:

Cheers David

I think I will keep the GT in a toolbox like this:

I will make a foam insert for protection and not allow the moving inside the box.

I must be…… :wink:

Not a bad idea, I like it. :+1:
That would provide good protection when transporting the beast. :wink:

And they are very cheap.

/\
Yes they sure are. :slight_smile: … A big plus.

Maybe make an all-terrain chassis and convert the GT into self-propelled photon sniper rifle?…

May sound like a stupid question, but is it still possible to get on the list at this point or am I too late? :cry: If possible, put me on the list, please!

Yes I’ll add you next list update!

My wife is 5’ tall, or was when we got married. I have Aunt’s and cousins that are below that, one cousin that was a Nurse all her life is 4’8”. Being around a major hospital all of my life I’ve always said there must be some rule about all the local 5’ tall women having to work there, seems there a great many nurses that are , ahem, height challenged! lol

The light is huge, it will dwarf virtually every light we have with few exceptions (The Olight SR-90 Intimidator is a big light too, but not THIS big!) So this one will be the one where you see a lot of comments after receipt saying “It’s much bigger than I thought it’d be!” (We’ve seen a Lot of the opposite reaction, not so much this side of things.)

What I’m wondering is if the battery tube is thick enough that it might be bored slightly to allow 20700’s to be used in the carrier’s? There are 4200mAh 20700’s out there which would be a definite improvement over the very highest capacity 18650. Not trying to start anything, just wondering… TA, do you have any 20700 cells to try in the battery carrier? If one would fit, in regard to the springs and contacts, then the carrier when loaded would be some 4-5mm larger in diameter…. does the tube itself have 2-3mm of extra that could be removed? (Keep in mind here, even if it is possible it’d be expensive, the high capacity 20700 cells are still new and bring a premium, selling for $12-13 ea…. an $100 investment in cells alone!)

VestureOfBlood has the TA proto at the moment, Pommie has the MRsDNF proto now but unavailable for the next few days.
Let’s hope VOB or DEL have not tubed out during the 23 pages about payments and PMs we are in now :wink:

I’m anxious to hear how many declined/no-response to the 1st round PM.
The post 1 list had like 26 people in the top 555 bow out before the “core” list in post 3 was PM’d.
The wait for next round PMs is tense!
Miller and team, thanks for running all of this… crazy hours undoubtedly invested.

I can answer this IF the tube is exactly the same as the cad file they sent me.
The current diameter is 46mm.
For 4 20700 you’ll need a diameter of 49.5, that’s calculated with a cell diameter of 20.5mm.
A 49.5mm bore can be done but that will leave a 0.25mm wall thickness at the oring grooves.

If possible, please place me on the list for this, as well. I just discovered this place via Reddit, and it’s incredible.

how much i’ve spent in the last 24 hours

Since you guys and LT have done so awesome in bringing the GT to life, I am wondering if you are going to take on the challenge of bringing this other design to life in the future…

“Djozz surprised with a real out of the box design that has to be used in anther project Smile”

I haven’t forgotten about that design, I would love to see it come to life with a XHP-70.2 or better led if available and an even bigger reflector than the GT!!! maybe capable of using 20700 or bigger batteries!!! :sunglasses:

This is something that would make for an interesting light but it was determined that it would be better suited for a flooder then a thrower early on in the thread due a thrower both not needing this much heat shedding and a thrower generally being held higher then would be comfortable with this design.

A mega flooder with this design would be a future design worth looking into. A few improvements would need to be made in both driver tech and a few other areas. It would also be the most expensive light in BLF history for sure.

Good project for a bit further down the road though.

Oh boy, the box…
With the Q8 about to reach people , GT a lot of work, FW3A still in CAD phase with a few real life things build by team members and sketching for the Q16 at a slow pace I don’t see me do a box anytime soon. Yet it received a lot of cheers so it would be awesome to see it started and be able to post “add me to the list” :wink:

I know we’re going off-topic here (sorry!) but why would this have to be a flooder? Seems like the perfect setup for a thrower. STO even did it recently in a much smaller package, and it hits really high cd numbers.

And since we’re here, I never forgot about it either and would definitely be down for one of these.

Practicality of design… a thrower is usually held overhead to put it’s beam over the top of ground obstacles. A box light would be difficult to hold in such a position. As a flooder, held at arms length in a relaxed position, possibly so. But still, the box design would be more expensive to machine with much more milling to remove the massive reflector area and from a solid block of metal.
It could be done, but should it?

The Eye of Sekhmet light utilizes a 60mm Carclo catodioptic lens that is extremely difficult to make work properly with most of our emitters. I have one, have never gotten a decent beam profile out of it in my trials and as such, it sits in the box unused.

Edit: And besides, even in a wood case do you really think a $200 flashlight is going to go over big here?