[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

If i use a matched set of solder blob vtc6 in one carrier and 30q’s in the other would that work fine?

Yeah I have the beach and some wooded logging areas like to try it out on .

I have two Q8’s and the work perfectly. They will find the component that is causing problems in a handful of lights and start assembly within a week, two at most. If the GT performs as well as the Q8 (minus the lighted switch issues) I will be one happy camper.

It will work.

No, it is not recommended.

Let me say this again.

It is not recommended.

You must be one of the people that are still waiting for one. Wait until you have one in hand before making judgment.

Ah and now Thijsco, you beat me to it :wink:

Yea there is somewhere around 1500 of us. So yea I know my bank account is 84$ lighter since 9/7/2017 and what I am buying has had its production stopped. I wish I shared your optimism about it.

Production was stopped to fix a minor problem that in no way affects the use of the light. Too, if my count is accurate it has only affected 5 lights of 500 so far. That’s pretty minor considering it’s a budget light and not a high value or high dollar light.

One way to look at… yes, we already paid, and we should, by now, be quite used to product from China taking 4-6 weeks to show up, right? So, act like you never heard anything about production being stopped or started and just look for the light a month to a month and a half from when you ordered it. All will be well. :smiley:

You know, I started to post something in the Q8 thread yesterday about your negativity but I stopped myself. However, it seems that it has spread to another thread that has absolutely nothing to do with the Q8. You are spreading negativity in a community that doesn’t really care for it much…my suggestion would be to say what you have to say (which you’ve already done…multiple times I might add) and move along. You keep bringing up that same sad story and all it does is incite anger among others so please stop.

Mr Djburkes I will do my level best not incite anger for you. I think I will follow your advice Dale. I merely was responding earlier to a remark higher up the page. As for bringing it up in conversation it has more to do the question being unanswered. I am sorry to offend those who are satisfied. Good day and hopefully some more gt beam shots would personally lift my spirits.

The Miller, do you know if the driver is still going to be 46mm diameter?

Yes so it seems, LT wants to change the contact with the carriers for those have changed but size should be the same

Joey, please repeat the GT question that was not answered, I think I covered it all or somebody else but could have missed something of course, apologies in that case.
And yes please keep Q8 stuff in the Q8 thread, there is no link between the two projects apart from team members, manufacturer, vendor, light, are all different and the team is not the same either, TA is a driving force here and he had a very keen eye and not afraid to ask Neal anything :wink:

Will the GT have the exact same version of Narsil available on the Q8? I frigging love it!

Narsil is still evolving and the parts on the driver needed it tweaked.
You mean, is the ease of operation and versatility in options the same right? Well can only get better :smiley:

As I understand it will be basically the same, only ramping will go up to 2Amp max and turbo 2.5Amp will do a double click while on?

Thanks David!

I might try attaching a cold shoe adapter to the mount with a quality screw and blue Loctite. Amazon has a variety of quick detach cold shoe carry handles to choose from.

It’s not ideal but it should do the trick.

I think I understand the same Nikola, ramping doesn’t take it to it’s highest level, whereas that double click to Turbo does. Helps keep that margin of safety in there I suppose.

I put an XHP-35 in my L2 with triple extension tubes to run 4 26650’s, using a driver from Richard with a tweak on the sense resistor so it’s making some 2.65A. I used it longer the other day than I had before and the head and first couple of extension tubes got pretty warm, the head was actually hot, almost too hot to hold. So the much larger head of the GT should alleviate that and the 2.5A max as well.

Edit: I did some digging to be sure of the actual numbers on my L2 with XHP-35… ” I changed the resistor on Richards Buck driver in this L2 such that it went up from 2.42A to 2.6A and up from 2352 lumens to 2518. Lux too is up, from 258Kcd to 285.75Kcd (274.5Kcd at 30 sec)” So this confirms that it’s in the 2.6A range and 2500 lumens. The L2 might be a bit on the small side to run it long periods unless the ambient temps can take care of the heat. :wink:

Just got an email from the folks over at optolife.com . They are currently out of stock for the A037 (which their website already claimed, btw) and sent me a message telling me that production would take around a month, and gave me the option of a slightly different lens, the A085 (which, from my understanding, would not work, since the focal length is 137mm, around 22mm too long for the GT).

More importantly, while messing around their website, I found this. http://www.optolife.com/diy_projector_lens/M026.html . Isn’t that almost a wavien collar? I can’t see if it has a central hole, but I suppose it should?

Link to the A085? It seems like a typo, I can’t find a product with that number.

The GT won’t even be ready in a moth anyway, so it shouldn’t be a problem waiting for Optolife to produce more of the A037 lens.

And yes, that reflector is basically a wavien collar missing the center hole. Good find!
I wonder how hard it would be to cut a hole through that glass…