[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

The Miller, maybe because I started to presume this stuff was using some sort of unregulated driver because of battery configuration. Why 4S? You can't utilize the battery to its full extent with a buck driver, you need buck-boost. No problems with buck had you chosen 6S or higher.

Cheers ^:)

P.S.: I had never commented on this flashlight prior to these comments (oh well, not completely ;-) sure).

P.S.2: I'd have gone 6S 26650s, still plenty of power and runtime, plus a nice bludgeon. ;-) }) :-D

Please put me down for two units.

ReManG….what’s the link for the video on reddit

Surely gives me something to think about when a member here has a lot to say about how things should be and yet I have to rebuild his screw-ups because he couldn’t be bothered to put thermal past under a quad XP-L HI. When I see that kind of thing, it makes it difficult for me to believe anything he says on here. Especially when the light in question is a $300+ light. The quad optic wouldn’t fit, of course, in a 20mm light so it was carved down way into the TIR’s of the carclo. Somebody should be ashamed of doing such shoddy work on a nice custom Titanium light…

The light apparently got so hot the spring fell off the driver…

Said member, recognize your work?

Buyer beware, these days…

Put me down for one…dammit

Wow those LEDs are in terrible shape DB.

… in fact not a single aspect of that pill assembly looks good, even at a budget price let alone $300!

Justanotherguy, resistance is futile! :slight_smile:

The spring did not fell off from heat, the solder did not melt, either force was applied to the spring or the joint was cold.

A quad with that driver in a titanium host is asking for trouble anyway, with or without thermal paste. The only flashlight that ever failed from heat in my collection was the titanium triple light from Rey that I built up with triple 219C and a BLF-A6 driver. You just do not feel on the outside how extremely hot it gets on the inside and before you know it something cooks.

I don’t know this build and I’m not trying to get involved, but I don’t believe that got too hot. You can clearly see the spring shape left in the solder there. That was just a really bad solder job to start with, a cold “joint” with terrible adhesion. A solid bump on a stone-cold light would’ve knocked that spring off.

EDIT: ….and Djozz beat me to it :slight_smile:

Yes of course djozz, I see that now. If from heat the solder would have melted and the imprint of the spring would not show. So it was just sheer negligence from the get go… and sold to another member here who had faith in the build. And so it goes, caveat emptor.

Edit: Right emarkd, and of course I should have spotted that as well. I can only blame it on… robo819! I missed it because robo talks too much! :stuck_out_tongue: Naaaaaa, I just missed it. Trying to get back in the swing of things, seems I was AWOL too long with the issues.

Sure is nice to have custom builds like this one [the Giga Thrower] that has been proofed out by the likes of DEL and Tom E and TexasAce, always better to have the top guns prove it out and then a good manufacturer build it to spec. The end result is priceless and enjoyed by a great many. :slight_smile:

I would like one, please add me to the list on the group buy for the GT. Thanks.

I can’t resist anymore. Please add me to the list. Thanks

Please add me to the list, I’ll get the payment right out if I understand correctly I’ll receive a PM.

Thank you!

I just heard about this giga thrower and am very interested. Did I miss the group buy at $150?

Not yet.

Please add me to the list for Gigathrower

Please add me to list for 1 unit. Do I need to do anything else?

Just be patient and wait for The Miller’s PM.

I’d urge all new participants to read at least some of this thread for context, starting with The Miller’s original post. The original post will be updated as progress is made.

Please add me to the list for 1 unit.

please add me to the list for 1 unit.