[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

I have a feeling that Lumintop will change the emitter temp as soon as the blf branded version is sold out. Most led flashlights are sold in CW so most customers (for better or worse) consider it brighter to the human eye. I love the 3d tint but they are not very attainable apparently. I guess cree must pumps out far more cw tints on all of their product lines ( except for mtg2 of course). This is probably where Lumintop will go once it is up to them for their own brand preferences. I’m going to happily snag my first 4K temp thrower and I’m glad it’s the top of line light to try it in. TA I am looking forward to my very own little backyard sun to harass critters at night with. I live on 900 acres of farmland with lots of spots where I can get 500 yard views clear of trees and other debris, that is if the humidity isn’t too bad. Can’t wait

500 yards will be easy pickings, even with moderate humidity based on my testing a few nights ago.

The more I play with the 4000k LED the more I like it. It totally looks like a small sun when you shine it at a white wall.

Hurts your eyes to even look at the reflection

Yea that’s what has me excited. I saw how you turned that raccoon’s sense of day and night on it’s head. I live two miles from a rural airport that services any size prop planes and small executive jets. They have a tower spotlight that rotates 360 degrees every 5 seconds and this light will probably make it jealous from the beam shots I have seen so far. Now I just need to remember not to shine at incoming planes and helicopters :slight_smile:

Please add me to the list.
Thank you.

Please add me back to the list. I had stepped out due to reasons. I am back!

Thanks TA for wall beam shot, I just wanted to se difference since I really prefer NW to CW tints 5500K if possible is best to my eyes, but I actually like what I see on your picture.

Here is how I see 4000K, 5000K, and 6500K

Hi!
I have a request for the ones who have experience in the field! (I’ve only used rechargeable AA batteries so far …)
What will be the “best buy” for batteries (cells?) and a charger?
Thank you!

PM: would be nice if we had the choice to transform beam pattern from throw to flood - maybe a plastic dome? (for emergencies) :slight_smile:

No, that’s not possible.
You can’t just add some magic piece of plastic to change the emission profile, you need to completely redesign all the optics.
Even if it was possible, the design is already complete, no changes will be made.

Pretty much any quality batteries will work fine. I think lumintop will offer some cells as a bundle with the light that should work well but no word on pricing yet.

You would be much better off with another light for flood, this light is far far larger then it needs to be for a flooder. Something like a Q8 or L6 would serve you well.

It won’t tail stand worth a hoot for area lighting either. Or at least I don’t see it tail standing without a base for it to fit into.

I dont want a flooder … but sometimes is nice to have options. I was thinking something along a plastic dome “over” the flashlight …
Just in case no bundle will be offered what charger+batteries are a good option?

You mean like a diffuser that someone mentioned a few pages ago?

Yes!

I’m in. Please forward purchase info. Thanks.

This light is built for throw. It would be a sin to put a diffuser on it.

It should be a good tailstander. So you can always put an oldfashioned lampshade on top of it.

Why are so many people trying to make a light thats been talked about and thought about for years designed and redisgned, planned and engineered for throw,….a damn flood light? Don’t you think theres enough of those? For a decent combo light get yourself a Convoy L6 or a Maglight. For a good flooder get a Olight X7 or the new one from Acebeam or even a nice BLF Q8. There are SO many lights made for flood or some combo of both. This is designed to light a deer up a mile away. Thats what its made to do. You wanna take pictures at night get a flood light of some sort. This isn’t for taking photos (unless from way far away) and its not for lighting up a small areas right in front of you or walking your dog at night. If thats what you want then this isn’t the light for you. This is purpose built to out throw some of the brightest thrower lights on the market. This is for people with large properties that wanna be able to see if theres anyone out there at night or spot animals from a huge distance. For signaling aircraft (if you work at an airport) or on the water as a marine light to scan for shore. This isn’t a lantern its for distances and that’s what it does. Its about time someone made a good thrower light. People need to think about their needs and whats a good light choice for them. Just because some guy on YouTube in a viral video says to buy it doesn’t mean you should. I had to make up my mind too but I always liked thrower lights better. They can hit trees and light up a field 600 meters away. Flood lights have good benifits but do a little research just don’t buy any light.

This is not a high drain light so you don’t need high drain batteries. So any of the good quality batteries will work, even protected. There are lots to choose from.

Here are some protected cells models if that is what you prefer.

You can also use unprotected.

A good charger is the Liitokala lii-500. It’s about $25 and can charge 4 cells at 1A each.

There is no harm in talking about options for Giggles. A diffuser is not bad for some situations, there are just much better options for flooders. I am sure you will find some aftermarket options for diffusers without much trouble. A simple plastic sheet with some diffusing film would do the trick.

That said, there will not be any official options for this, just no point in making something like that.