[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

can we still get in on this?

You just did, welcome to the bright side.

I feel the same way. All the talk about making it a better general purpose light is kind of ridiculous to me. It’s the giga THROWER.

Yeah its way too big for that I’m surprised with the sheer size of the light people are trying to make it a multi purpose light its actually kinda funny…

Actually, with the size of the head, a diffuser will likely be larger than the D4 or any other pocket flooder with similar lumens, so why not just carry one of those around?

@Texas_Ace

AWESOME!! I love the power and tint.

- Just curious what could happen with a XHP70.2 HI? (Higher throw?)

- If you need any assistance when shooting, PM me, I'm pro photographer :)

- I'm so eager to get hands on it. NO SENSE to change the LED from NW to CW. You've already demonstrated the reasons why not to do so. Perfect to me!

Less throw, but bigger hotspot.

Indeed but don’t forget about 2.5x the lumens.

It would be a very interesting light, which is why I plan to mod one of these prototypes as soon as we are done with them.

I’m guessing the 70.2 would be the better choice over the 70 to get a smoother beam pattern and less donut hole shape.

Still, 2.5A at 12v is equavelant to 5A at 6v. That’s only about 4,000 lumen. That’s not 250% more, it’s only 60% more lumens.

If you want to push that 70.2 really hard you will need to do a driver swap. Is this what your planning?

4000K is definitely the way to go thanks for the photos! :+1:

amen…

Is giggles still available for $150? Also if you do put the new emitter in would they be for sale at all? Think a long throw tight patterned light will work great for my needs.

Yes.

What do you mean?

This light only comes with one emitter choice.

Please add me to the list.

Once I discovered this project existed, I knew I had to have one. Thank you so much to all who have worked on this!

Hello to all forum members,

This is my first post. I would like to be included in the group buy for the blf gt. Please advise if this is the right place to request to be on the list. Another friend of mine who registered yesterday (fighterplane1956) put in a request earlier on this thread (post # 8288) so I don't know if it will be picked up there. Anyway, both of us would like to be included in the group buy. Please let us know of the next step to pay the down payment. Thank you. It looks like a very nice flashlight.

Thank you very much.

Eric

I’d love an opportunity to get one.

Hi all, my first post too. Learned about this from Reddit. I’d like to get in on this big, glorious light. Just tell me what I have to do

Basically just wait a really long time :slight_smile:

All you have to do is post in this thread that you want to be included and it will be done. The Miller updates the list every few days.

Payment details are not set. Once production starts and it gets close to buying time you will get a PM telling you all the details. What store to go to and what special code to enter to get the discounted price, etc… We may even need to do a small deposit before that. It’s still not known.

So for now we wait. :smiley:

I’d like to be added to the list. Thanks