[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

I’d be happy moving forward with the latest 4000K tint led being tested.

Just curious.
The current emitter choice is the order code XHP35A-H0-0000-0D0BD440E (70 CRI XHP35 Hi D4 4000k) or what is it?

I am interested but I am unsure what the price is now?

The group buy price is $150.

Would you are anyone else that may have an idea/guess around when the GT’s will be ready for shipping? Thanks!

+1 :+1:

[quote=Precision777]

4000K is too yellowish. It will resemble to HIDs tint. I think perfect 5000K. A real neutral white. At least 4500K! :wink:

[quote=Giancarlo]

It shouldn’t matter too much. You can try it and see if you like it. If not, it’s cheap and easy to pick whatever color temp you want.

I would like to be in for one please
Chris

The driver is designed to handle up to 5A with just a resistor swap, which would be the same as ~10A at 6V, or around 6000 lumens (we don’t have any good xhp70.2 tests yet so hard to say for sure but the 70 did ~6k so figure a bit more for the .2)

I think that is the correct code, I would have to search back through all the emails to find it again. It is the right specs for sure.

Holy cow. That’s awesome!

I am not used to drivers that can double their output with just a resistor swap. I guess this driver is over built and extra beefy. Lol

It is a BLF driver, how could we do any less? lol

Del did a fine job on this driver, it is really working great.

Technically if you improved the thermals and/or only used it for short bursts it would handle even more then 5A but you would be pushing things pretty hard at that point.

I thought from the beginning it was to be NW not WW. When did that change?

NW is ~4000k to ~5500k, it is still NW, just a warmer version of it then planned.

We wanted 3D tint but they seem to be sold out across the globe along with anything else around 5000k (at least in the quantities we need). Lumintop can’t find them, Neal can’t find them and the Team searched and could not find them.

These 4000k was the next best option that Neal could find and they tested very good and have proven to be good performers. The warmer tint also means that in the real world it will throw further as I saw in my testing. With the CW emitter it could not light up the water towers good enough to see but this emitter did.

If you search back several pages you will see the testing and explanation about all of this.

Basically we have these as a good option and know exactly what we would get. Anything else would cause delays, possible increase in price and we would be playing the LED lottery. The new ones might be better but they have an equal chance of being worse.

The best tint we could find was 4500k from an unknown supplier with unknown quality. Personally 4500k is my favorite tint, I would LOVE to have them but a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush as it were. We know these work very good, we have no idea how those would work.

Plus as I said, in the real world these 4000k will throw further anyways due to less scattering and refraction.

Interestingly, I put the second sample XHP35 they sent into my 1405 after I finished testing it on the sphere and it has MUCH less tint shift on the projected die image then the 3x tint I had in it before, no idea why that would be but it looks so much better.

So , final LED will be D4 bin , 4000k ?

Thanks

Yes, that is the emitter that I have been testing in the V2 prototype for the last several pages.

Here is the test data and info I posted a few days about it: I present you with Giggles, the most hardcore BLF thrower in the World. - #64 by Texas_Ace

I guess that is settled then! This will be my warmest light to date.

My first light was a 6500K A6, which I liked, then a 5700K M43 which i found to be wayyyyy too yellow, so the rest of my lights were back to 6500K (a D4 and two C8s).

Hopefully the lack of scattering makes up for the yellowness. In any case, it would be easy to do an emitter swap if we don’t like the supplied colour. Whatever choice gets this light shipped faster! :slight_smile:

Yep, a little warmer than I thought, too. But at this point I don’t care as long as the thing gets shipped faster. If I don’t like it, I will swap to a XP70.2, since I think I really would like more light even If I sacrifice some throw. Heck I’m getting too old to carry this light and a set of binoculars to see where I’m pointing. :smiley:

Nice to see the latest proto picts! Thanks.

However, i’m scratching my head about the battery carrier.

Why did Lumintop design an asymmetrical carrier? It requires more parts, costs more and needs to be inserted the right way to work… It would have been much easier to have a symetrical design?