[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

just a question. Im pretty nervous about the batteries. That they are unprotected.
Would it be better to go with protected batteries?
From what i have read, it’s when the batteries are in series its starts getting dangerous?
And these are in parallel, no?

The battery carriers in this light have the 4 cells in series to make 16v. If your the nervous type, you can run protected cells.

Here’s some choices:
Liion Wholesale:

Protected Panny B $7. Protection Cutoff Current: 5-7A (usually about 6A)

Protected Panny GA $8.49. Protection Cutoff Current: 12-13A

Protected LG INR18650MJ1 3500 mAh $7.95. Protection Cutoff Current: 12-13A
RMM aka Mountain Electronics:

Protected Panny B $9.65. Protection Cutoff Current: 7A

Protected Panny GA $9.95. Protection Cutoff Current: 10A

Plus both companies charge extra for shipping. So you won’t know total price until you see the shipping charges added.

You are welcome to use protected cells. They will work just fine.

These cells are in series. Although as long as the cells match and are charged to the same level before you use the light it is basically impossible for them to become unbalanced enough to cause any issues in a single discharge. This is only a big problem when they are both charged and discharged in series.

EDIT: Jason beam me to it.

If someone could give definite answer to this it would be awesome.

I asked this not because i am worried about shipping time, i asked because if the item is sent with DHL Express i will have some extra expenses, about 25$ on top of the import duties and VAT.

So i just wanted to know, either way i cant want to have the GT in my hands.

There’s probably only one person who can answer, Neal, and it may take him a while to answer since he’s so busy.

Texas_Ace, It's my understanding after speaking with KawiBoy1428, the 22 people (including myself) in the first list of 555, have been grandfathered to buy their 2nd flashlight at $115. PM's were apparently sent out to those people. I did not receive anything relevant to confirm this so I could purchase the second. Not sure what to do here. I received one PM from The_Miller, for one purchase. I purchased both (separate orders), adding the battery deal along in one.

The PM I got from The_Miller contradicts the physical order page for the amount the buyer can purchase via the link provided in the PM. I'm paid in full (email confirmation received once for each purchase) for what I originally signed up for on the 555 list, given the grandfathering of the 22 people wanting a 2nd light. At this point, what to do? Contact Neal? Wait for The_Miller? Perhaps you can resolve the issue?

Awaiting your response

Thanks

I will be honest, I really have no idea what all went down with the first downpayments other then as an outside observer. I really didn’t get much more information other then what was posted on here.

Here is what I do know. Miller went about the payment PM’s in a completely fair manner

Neal kept a list of those that paid, this list was what was used to send out this batch of PM’s

Only those that paid the down payment were supposed to get the lower price.

Now if people were not notified about the ability to buy a second light, that I really do not know anything about. I am also not sure if they are still elligable to get the second light for the discounted price. For example I signed up for 2 lights myself but never remember getting a PM about the 2nd one, I assumed at the time that it was just too high up the list and the list had been filled before it got that far.

I will ask Neal what he wants to do about the 2nd light for those in the first 555.

Hmmm… looks like I have * up. My luck… Ordered DHL shipping while I would prefer registered mail.
Is there a chance to switch the carrier after ordering?

Texas_Ace

Thank you for responding.

This is (was) my placement on the original list.

#386 ARsee First Purchase
#473 ARsee 2nd Second Purchase

Unfortunately I was not able follow what was going on in the topic to know what was going on

Reply to the email from Neal again and request the change, he will let you know your options.

Neal also informed me that some people in the USA are requesting Registered mail. I am curious why this is the case?

DHL is far far better for the USA.

I am guilty of my first purchase being registered mail. I'll contact Neal as you suggest, and have him change that. Thanks

1. was pretty high on the list, it is entirely possible the 555 was full before it reached your second one.

Remember that everyone got 1 light before anyone got the chance at a second one.

So the list would have been full by the time it got to your second light I think. My second light was a little higher then yours and I never got a PM about it either.

I think I did registered mail too, mainly because it told me that registered would most likely not get caught up in customs.

I think I will ask neal to change this tho.

When was the last time you heard about a small package being delivered to the US being held up in customs? I’ve pretty much never heard that. It’s usually a lot of other countries that have issues with the Customs Department.

I might have chosen registered mail (next week) for my light simply because DHL shipping usually costs a lot extra. Now that I know DHL to the US doesn’t cost anything extra, I will definitely choose that. I still don’t know how Neil was able to offer us DHL at no extra cost.

I have had packaged get delayed in customs before but never had to pay extra fees unless the value was over $800.

It is not so much that they were able to offer DHL at no extra cost as there was no other options. The light with box is over the 2lb limit for normal mail (which is why it has to be split up for registered mail).

The cost of 2 boxes is about the same or more then DHL in a single box, so thus it was kind of the default option depending on the location.

For the USA DHL is the way to go.

We are debating upgrading all US buyers to DHL, can anyone think of a reason to not use DHL to the USA?

Okay, so one person had a minor delay in US customs. :stuck_out_tongue:

What I meant was a big hassle and paying extra fees or having to pick it up at the post office, getting confiscated, etc… by US customs. I never hear that, but I do hear it all the time from other countries, like almost all of Europe. That’s what I meant.

So it looks like due to the size of this light, the shipping costs are quite real and Neal has calculated that into the price. It makes me wonder if Neal and Lumintop are actually losing money on the first 555. There’s certainly not much profit, that’s for sure.

Yeah, someone has said, with 111$ price, lumintop doesnt make any money from this price, now with free shipping, i bet someone is losing money, for community
Good guy

If your talking to Neal, can you ask him about this?

DHL from GearBest usually cost 30-35$, so for big deals like this Neal or Lumintop could easily make very good deal with DHL to discount single package even to 20$. Simply because they are renting whole shipping container or couple of them considering the size of box for GT……
So believe it or not DHL might cost less then two regular registered shipping option…