[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

I remember that, but it seemed like just a random thing someone mentioned. I figured it couldn’t be true.

Hopefully they are at least breaking even with the first 555.

……

IF…… what ARsee keeps saying is correct, I’ll be wanting to know why I was skipped over. As most likely will quiet a few other people who ordered a second light……

Here is the placement of my original orders…… Both of which were placed before his first order.

• teacher 1st #183
  • teacher 2nd #341

No attempt to stir things up but fair is fair…… :+1:

lol, I knew what you were meaning. Yeah, I have never had any of the issues you hear about overseas, just delays.

It is quite possible they are loosing money on the first 555, at the very least they are just breaking even. Hence why things like the paypal fees can’t just be absorbed.

Yes, I will ask Neal about this.

Yep, they are not making anything off these first 555. All the shipping quotes we have seen tossed around for the last year were over $30 per package, even in bulk. Some as high as $40+ depending on the destination.

Shipping is a big factor for this big light.

You have to remember that these are being shipped all over the world, no shipping containers involved. So no big discounts past normal commercial accounts prices either.

You are correct that I have got the feeling that DHL is the same price or in some cases cheaper then 2 registered mail packages. Except it has real tracking and is much quicker and more reliable.

Please add my name to the group buy!

I’d love to own this light :).

That was the teams goal, break even or small profit on the first 555 (we have no desire to see them loose money) and then make a more reasonable profit margin on the remaining sales.

These are good questions, I am trying to figure this out now.

As I understand it right now, it is still like I said several pages ago.

The downpayment PM’s were sent for everyone on the list to get 1 light for the $111 price.

After everyone on the list got 1 light there were still some empty slots in the first 555 so another PM was sent to those that had requested a 2nd light to fill those slots.

Not everyone got a chance to order a second light for the discount, IIRC the list only showed like 5 people that had that chance and took it.

When the PM’s were sent about a second light it started over at the beginning of the list, so only those that had their second light very early in the list got the chance.

My second light was around 500 and I did not get a chance.

I do not know where the exact cutoff was but we can figure it was after the first 5-10 people that requested a 2nd light.

Even though I was on the team, I didn’t get the chance to get a 2nd light for the discounted price, so there is no funny business going on here. No favoritism. The first 555 slots simply filled up before it got that far.

This thread is moving fast!

Between this and the Q8 and the FW3A, I think we need an actual system of some sort to track interest and otherwise manage the parts of these projects which currently require manual steps from overworked humans. Like, an interest list which manages itself, an actual shopping cart thingy for ordering and payment, a FAQ, and a support ticket system. Probably also a separate thread for announcements. We’ve got a good discussion forum, but it’s not a good solution for some of these other things.

I 1000% agree! There was someone that was offering to work on this a few months ago and miller said he was going to PM him but not sure what ever came of it.

The last few weeks are a good example that people are not going to be around 24/7 to do all the small tasks. There is no way I would have enough time to manage the list for example not to mention it takes a lot of time and energy away from more important tasks.

If you would like to discuss options for a more official setup I am all ears, feel free to PM me or start a thread (send me a link if you do, I can barely keep up with this one right now lol).

Texas_Ace said that only 5 or 6 people who signed up early were able to get 2 lights at the $115 price.

According to post #3, ARsee was the 42nd person to request more than a single light. Teacher was the 24th. That’s a long way from the first 5 or 6. (Texas_Ace was the 45th)

The first 6 people to request more than a single light are:

Tom E
Wineslurper
giorgoskok
Kurt_Norway
adnj
Muto

It’s possible that these 6 guys might be able to get a second light at the initial $115 price. I don’t know for sure, but TA did say the first 5 or 6 people.

It’s also possible that since the list eventually got to and passed the 555 mark that NO ONE is now able to get a 2nd light at the $115 price. All the first 555 (actually 621) people are all shown to get 1 light. After #621 then folks start getting their 2nd light.

This is where the Miller would be helpful to have around.

Thanks for looking that up, I can confirm that some of those names were the ones that were on the list for second light (don’t remember them all off hand).

I think you are spot on as to happened.

It would be nice for miller to sort it all out but at this point you are only eligible to buy the same number of lights that you sent a downpayment for at the discounted price.

Any extra lights will be at the $150 price. Extra orders for lights at the discounted price that do not have a downpayment will be canceled.

If I find out something new that changes things, I will update the thread. Unless that happens, this is final.

Hmmmm…….

Interesting, but did the Miller actually send those PM’s and did those people actually make their 2nd down payment?

If yes to both, then it seems legit.

Woah, that quote was from 10-12-17? That’s so recent. I figured it was from back when the list was under 555 or not much over that.

Any updates from Neal?
Any pictures as requested/promised?
How is The Miller doing, any updates on that?
questions, questions…

After I ordered the batteries in addition, I realized that my order did not include a fee to PayPal.

What about Neal in this case? Because this is one more transaction to PayPal.

Thanks for that, My guess is that either they didn’t all pay the downpayment or something else happened.

Without the miller being here to tell us exactly what happened with that, we have to go with the best information we have.

At the very least this tells us that only the first 22 people to request a second GT ever even had a chance at getting it.

If someone could figure out who those first 22 are that would be fantastic.

Anyone not on the list, is not eligible for a 2nd GT at the discounted price.

Those that are on that list, they are welcome to PM me about it. I would like to find out exactly what went down for those 22 people anyways. We will work out those on a case by case basis.

Any news about recent shipments with DHL going to Canada being taxed with some “duty charges” now ?

I am just checking if I might have ask Neal to switch Registered Mail for DHL before the GT ships.

Thanks, I love this flashlight.

Well I read Millers mail during that time and he tried to get as many new interested in this flashlight and you could sign up the same day and get the light for 111 $. But even if he tried to fill it to 555 different people he couldnt do it. So he gave some of the first in the list a chane to get a second light for 111$. And all of them got a new email from him about a month later to pay 14 $ again. Lucky them but it was fair I think…