[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

I asked Neal about it, he was not aware, I was offered a spot from a member to take his second light, this Neal is aware of, he sent me a PM about it, I agreed to take it, and that is where it’s been, no word from Neal?

Please put me down for a second one. TIA.

I have paid Neal for both lights, to include the down payments, plus batteries, through Paypal. I have the transaction numbers if necessary.

PM sent TA

I just realized that on my PayPal it didn’t include my country, I sent Neal a email, is their anyone else I need to make aware?

Not to worry, that is not necessary. We will handle the rest through PM.

You did nothing wrong, just a simple misunderstanding.

That should be good, he is the keeper of the order list.

Ok, I just talked to Neal, Apparently like kawiboy said Miller never actually got around to sending out the final downpayment requests to those last 22 people.

So he said we can go ahead and allow the following 22 users to order their second light at the discount

622 Tom E 2nd #44
623 Wineslurper 2nd #69
624 giorgoskok 2nd #98
625 Kurt_Norway 2nd #105
626 adnj 2nd #121
627 Muto 2nd #156
628 Lyubo Yanev 2nd #160
629 aslpg 2nd #171
630 Gerrh 2nd #175
631 Abqjohnny 2nd #188
632 KawiBoy1428 2nd #193
633 Docp723 2nd #209
634 Aardvark Spleen 2nd #215
635 Norddeutscher 2nd #228
636 Dralf 2nd #231
637 Angel Martínez 2nd #262
638 Mindaugass 2nd #266
639 Lights-Out 2nd #277
640 slackwolf 2nd #291
641 DarkerInSol 2nd #302
642 needmorlts 2nd #306
643 darkpenguin 2nd #310.6

If your name is on the list, you may order a 2nd light with the link you already have. You will simply need to add 15 of the $1 donation’s to the order to cover the downpayment cost and note in the reply to the email that this is your second GT order and that $15 of the donations are for the downpayment.

ONLY those on the above list can order a second light, please don’t order another light if you are not on the list and cause more work for Neal.

Ordered……………

Followed the directions in the email, and…and everything went smoothly :partying_face:

Much appreciations to the entire BLF GT team.

Just my suggested.

If first goal is 1 GT for 1 member @ $111, lets make its happen. Lets next number after 555 list get GT @ $111. If any member already sent second $14 payment or full, than refund for them.

Just my2cent

If you are in the United states avoid DHL like the plague. They have lost two things for me, in the last 6 months when the USPS has outsourced things to ship. One was the Q8, the other was misc camera parts that were not supper expensive but still a pain to replace.

After speaking to people that work with freight movers it seems to be DHL out side of the US is good, but OMG it can turn in to a huge drama fest when shipping with in the boarders.

We are going to stick with the original people that were supposed to get a PM. Since it is not clear why they did not get a PM at the time.

Had they received the PM back then, the slots would have been filled when there was no one else on the list, so it is still perfectly fair.

The whole downpayment ordeal was utter chaos. I just want to put it behind us and never, ever think about it again.

I have had nothing but good experiences with DHL myself but I have only had a few dozen packages delivered via DHL.

A major thanks to all those working hard making the Giga Thrower become a reality.

Kudos!

Number 65 on the list. Paid on 2/12/17. Thank you guys

Greetings & Salutations Texas_Ace,

They are EVVA branded Protected 18650 batteries, with rather wide/broad Button Tops.

What I am concerned about is the size of their Button Tops and their fitting or not fitting the Reverse Polarity Protection in the shipping BLF GT's Battery Carriers.

Their Button Tops are about 1 mm in height, and about 9.5 mm diameter, and I was wondering if they will fit in the BLF GT's battery carriers/holders.

I thought you had the Proto V2, and you could Please have a look at the carriers.

Thank you Very Much,

George

George, that size sounds more like an elevated flat top. :question:

There are pics of the button height on the carrier here. It looks like 0.5mm difference.

Click on the pics for a bigger view.

Ah, ok now I see what you are asking.

Sadly it does not look like the button tops will fit. I just measured the opening and they are 8.5mm across.

You can remove the polarity protection with a simple soldering iron or even a heat gun and if using protected cells anyways you really don’t need it.

George… I just looked through my batteries an I have a couple of those. From what what I remember seeing of the latest carrier picture there is no way they would work unless the polarity protection was removed or you solder boobed them.
Hope this helps…… :slight_smile:
………
EDIT……. TA beat me to it…. :wink:

I suspected Miller might not have sent those out. Lol

Anyway, I wanted to point out that in this post [PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping. - #10100 by JasonWW I checked on those 22 names and 9 of those names weren’t on the down payment list. Some withdrew from the group buy and some just joined in for several lights, like slackwolf who wanted 4, then disappeared. Lol. IDK, I guess some people like to jump on lists and then never even follow the thread. So your definetly not gonna get responses from all 22 folks. I don’t know if this is useful info, but I just wanted to let you know.