[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Express confirmed from M4DM4X couple pages back

@thijsco19: thanks for the GT production picts! :partying_face:

I’d love to see a row of 555 assembled GTs…

Hi thijsco19.

Thanks for the pictures…
keep them coming…
a picture tells more than thousand words…

From the assembly line, QC and line up of all before packing… :slight_smile:

The pictures are from Neal as he is at the factory now packing all the lights.

I hope he can make some more.

:person_facepalming:
This is not how you store quite heavy anodised parts, just one on top of another, rubbing each other,
you can expect scratches, dings, missing anodisation :cry:

BTW: how could I get one spare driver and one spare led?

I would like to be added to the list if there is still time

Payment sent. #236 on the list. I cannot wait to receive this light! Thank you BLF!!!

where’s the like button?!? On another note… it’s beginning to look a lot like christmas! just look at them all, marvels of flashlight engineering, when put together brings the giggles into your life!

Is Neal going to personally or be directly involved in doing QC on the first batch to check for issues?

Yes, he will be on site during the final packing and prepping for shipment.

Send Payment
625 Kurt_Norway 2nd #105

great pics! thx

I hope my email sent to Neal is being read as it contains information concerning the Duty taxes being exempt in Canada for LED Lights with DHL as the choice.

The magnetic cables are a great design, but unfortunately this charger has a single rate of 750mA. That’s way too high for a 10180.

Here are a couple of chargers that are better suited for a 10180.

Charge rate 100mA, no display.
http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review Charger ConttonPickers Basic 100mA UK.html

Charge rate 90mA, with display.
http://www.lygte-info.dk/review/Review Charger CottonPickers DM+4Settings UK.html

The only problem is I don’t know where to buy them. You’ll need to do a little searching for that.

One other alternative is to buy a small light that uses a 10180 and has a built in charger. I recently bought a Zanflare F6 on sale for $10. It has a built in charger. Even if you don’t use the light, it can be used to charge the batteries. :slight_smile:

PS,
HKJ has a whole list of chargers he’s tested on his site here. It’s a good page to bookmark. Plus he has all his battery tests as well in the links.
http://www.lygte-info.dk/info/indexBatteriesAndChargers UK.html

Now it's clear. Thank you.

Good info on the CottonPickers chargers. I saw those on HKJ’s site. Do you know where to buy them from?

Note, the Xtar Rockets hidden level is not 25mA, it’s 250mA.

The C4-12 does go down to 100mA, but it has the problem of needing a spacer to fit the cell in the slot. You have to rig up a spacer. The Gyrfalcon has those threaded extensions, but are easy to loose.

Hopefully Mickscott has those threaded adapters and can use his existing Gyrfalcon charger. Zero cost to do that. Lol

Hi guys, I have my paypal all loaded with the funds etc but I need a day or two before I decide on the batteries. How much time do I have to pay before I end up delaying the shipping of my light? I’m in the first 555 #347

If you can send me a link to the post where you posted the information I will send him a link as well.

The second set of PM’s will go out at the end of the week. At which point it is anyones guess which batch you will end up in.

I’d say yes. We have to file that groove on the Convoy L6 as it’s not there from the factory.

Another way to do it is to file two sides of the switch pcb flat so it can be squeezed through then lay down flat.

I wish all companies would learn this trick. You can presolder the switch to the driver outside the light where it’s easy. Then assembly is a snap. Lol