[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Cool! I was predicting about 1200m, but 1300m is even better. Maybe with some refocusing it will hit 1400m.

Cree’s recommended solder paste design is for a luminaire with isolated ground, not for our flashlights where we want to keep positive and negative isolated from ground so we can control output through PWM or regulated current control. This is why SinkPAD has the 12V version with bridgeable pads.

Maxtoch should have a 12V in 32mm. We would just need to add the led.

A factory version would be great, especially with a matching centering ring. Would they do CW and NW?

I think interest is low right now, but once people get their lights and see your pictures and stuff, interest should go way up. It makes the light more practical. A bigger hotspot at closer range means you don’t need binoculars to see what your aiming at. :slight_smile:

TA, can you tell me what value sense resistor you are using for the XHP70.2? Thanks!

last time i use DHL, they charge me $40 for a $80 item :disappointed:
they surely love money :money_mouth_face:

How about these “Laird thermal pads”, to isolate electrically but not thermally:

(0.1mm thickness should suffice)

To reach 5A you would want a ~.047ohm 1% sense resistor IIRC, I would have to check again.

I have a bit higher current in mine right now in order to stress test the driver under worst case conditions.

We have not got that far yet, only that they are open to the XHP70 mod.

I agree that it is a nice version and the large thermal mass and 8 cells means it can actually handle the heat for a little while as well.

Well, my ThorFire S70S runs about 6 Amperes on a CRI80 XHP70, and it takes quite a while to get warm.
I have never gotten it actually hot, just quite warm. (i did incorporate the reflector in the thermal path too though)
This GT has more mass and (more importantly) a LOT more surface area, so i can’t imagine it getting hot at all.
Maybe when you’re in a tropical climate?

So my question is: Does your GT with XHP70.2 get hot at all?

Yeah, it starts getting warm after a few minutes and it would get pretty darn hot it you let it run for while.

+1 … Thank you! Good to know he has not croaked……… :+1:

Here is a list that Neal is working on of the orders so far. He said there are still another ~30 orders he needs to verify and update.

The yellow highlights are orders he has not received (or not updated yet) the phone number for.

Please check the list for your order if you have any questions.

Your forgetting the voltage difference. Your S70 is doing 6A at 6V. That’s only 36 watts.

The GT would be doing 5A at 12v which is 60 watts. Almost double the heat of your S70. :wink:

Ah… Indeed…

Hi Jason, convoy L6 at 7 amps, would it be 42 watts? I always thought that they were 8.4 volts x 7 amps …

I`m 14th on that list and it says just “register” in the place of my shipping method when all else says “Registered” or DHL.
I did chose Registered shipping so maybe it is just a slight typo and is actually proceeding the right way.

Volts Times Amps Equals Watts, so if the driver you have in the L6 is running at 6V @7A, that would give you the 42watts

I bet poor Neal has had to work his tail off to get that list together!!
Hats off to Neal……… :+1:

I’m not wearing a hat…

Found one :face_with_monocle:

and now off :smiley: