[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

I wonder, with no time limit and we around 13xx list in group buy, who will buy GT when lumintop open sell with their price. I mean, most flashaholic already in for GT.

Vinh and his minions… :smiley:

I certainly do it often, but sometimes it's REALLY hard to me due to personal health problems.

If you don't like my simple question, you don't need to reply... Thanks.

BLF-GT user manual V1.2 draft

Link below:

BLF-GT user manual draft12.pdf

Could not we donate something to Neals?

Oh friends of the light, I am nervous when I get the message to get the light…

Did your questions get answered?
I’m no good at summeries, but everything is going smoothly. Last Friday the 555 group paid. Tomorrow or Sat the PM will go out to the 556 to 1000 group. Shipping is going to begin Monday. Neal will box and ship as many lights as he can next week, but then has to leave for 2 weeks around the 17th. Then in early January a PM will go out to the “1001 and up” group. Shipping will resume at that time as well.

There is a group buy for 8 Samsung 35E unprotected button top cells for $40 to ship with the GT if you choose to.

People in the USA, (maybe you are?) should order with DHL. I think DHL is standard for US shipments unless you specify registered mail.

Does anyone know how long of a battery the carriers will fit? Is. 68.8mm battery to long for the flashlight?

70mm will fit.

Please, add me to the list. Thanks

How often do most of you expect to use the BLF-GT once the initial novelty wears off? Usually the novelty of something like this is a matter of weeks but this is not like anything else so it will probably be months. After that period is what I am referring to. Then for those of us in the northern hemisphere there will be another novelty period when spring arrives.

For me it will be how many times a day for the first month or so. Then when the weather gets better around here in May I hope I like it good enough to use on an almost daily basis. There is a good sized pond here that I walk around every night (weather permitting) and the throw of the GT should be awesome for seeing deeper into the water that with anything I currently have. Also, there are always all kinds of animals that I can see out to 600-700 yards. Usually I can't wait for spring, this year it will be that much harder. Mine will not live in a case. It will live on my kitchen counter where it will be fast and easy to get.

A big Thank You to everybody who has worked on this time consuming project. You are making a lot of people very happy - me included.

Just completed my checkout/purchase (I think I may be one of the last of the initial 555?). Batteries arrived I was waiting for so it seems I’m all set. Donation made too, it’s only right to give a little something back if you can.

Its just an everyday work light to me.

Honestly, probably once in a blue moon to impress a friend who’s visiting, I cannot think of an actual purpose I can use this light for? Security around the complex I live in possibly?

Texas_Ace, Thank you Very VERY Much for having saved the BLF GT Group Buy from “disaster”. GREATLY Appreciated
Exactly this - to all the team who have basically ‘saved’ the GT.
I have no idea what has happened with ‘The Miller’ , but from what people have posted, it would appear nothing bad thankfully. I think he probably just ‘had enough’ of it all and took a break, I would imagine the stress of all this is immense!.
Either way though with the Miller’s disappearing and having no contact at all at the most critical time ( I am NOT blaming or complaining, there will of course be personal reasons), this venture has definitely been saved by the rest of the team - if it weren’t for them I cannot imagine the mess this would be in now, it simply doesn’t bear thinking about!
Thank you team! :beer:

I guess labels created, ready for shipping and the parcel is still in the factory.

Thanks for clearing that up fellas, put me down for one.
I’ll start squirreling away my pennies:-)

I could be wrong but, just to temper excitement a bit, I don’t think a single person has gotten an actual shipping notification from Neal about this light. There’s a few folks with DHL accounts who are getting notifications from DHL that a new shipment is incoming to them. They’re assuming its the GT, and it could be, but Neal has said to not expect shipment until next week, so it could also not be. We don’t know anything for sure, except that it’ll be here when its here.

My parcel is in transit, I have one item coming from ‘EmpireTech’ (AliExpress CCTV seller) also that should be DHL but this is in the name of ONE VILLAGE.

Who knows, perhaps Empire have shipped under another name and it’s my CCTV camera but all previous ones have been under the Empire name.

I have no other orders open so it’s one of the two. Guess we will see Monday if everybody gets new notifications then.

Anyone know who the shipping name will be?

What’s the name of sender on the other guys who have had notifications?

It could be he has created labels and it shows up on their notifications but it probably hasn’t shipped yet.I think Texas Ace said that Neal said they where finishing final assembly and would start shipping monday.

Ok, quick update.

Mr.Scott has been hard at work getting the next round of PM’s ready to send. They should be sent today or tomorrow to those under ~1000.

We have not heard anything about anything actually being shipped yet, I am curious to see what these notifications are about myself. Neal said that the Teams lights would be the first to ship to test the system, so I would expect the team to get the first emails.

Like Jason said, most of the orders that are paid next week should hopefully be shipped before the 17th. After that everything will be delayed until Neal returns.

Those over 1000 will be in the 3rd batch of 500 lights that and should be done early next year.

No official word on when the GB will be ending but assume it could be any day now. Lumintop is too busy building and working on GT’s to think about this right now, so we are just leaving it open until they tell us to close it.