[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Please add me to the list for my 2nd & 3rd. Thanks!

Thank you Martin…… … Very well said!!!

If you use some of the custom shapes you can increase the numbers of sides the circle has to make it more round.

Does LG HG2 batteries fit? Unprotected , flat top. because of the length, hope it is not too loose?

no flat top cells

OK, thanks.

Made my own version, hexagon style:

You can make them fit by adding solder blobs or else little magnets.

You can see that their is polarity protection and a flat topped cell will not touch the terminal. It needs to be a little bit taller. Maybe 1mm extra on the positive end.

Click for picture.
GT battery carrier

Does anyone know what GIGGLES weight is without batteries?

1.8kg

Getting ready to buy the batteries for the BLF GT and would like some input. should I get the PANASONIC NCR18650B or the LG MJ1 18650 3500mAh 10A, maybe the Samsung 35E 3500mAh 18650 or PANASONIC-SANYO NCR18650GA 3500mAh. What would you choose. I am not worried about price. I have eight LG HG2 18650 3000mAh 20A now but those run my Thrunite TN40 and my Olight X7. Any thoughts?

Actually, all are good, since it doesn’t draw high current.

Check HKJ’s site for details and comparisons

http://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Common18650comparator.php

It seems LG performs the best

I have the PANASONIC-SANYO NCR18650GA 3500mAh & Samsung 35E 3500mAh 18650.
Probably gonna get a set of the LG MJ1 18650 3500mAh 10A also.

They are all very close. IIRC the LG has a slight edge…very slight & the GA’s run slightly longer.
Not a dimes worth of difference in either of the three.

Just be sure they are BUTTON TOP & if you want PROTECTED get that. :slight_smile:

Got the Pan/San 18650GA for mine

Thank you Teacher.

You are most welcome Majoroverkill!!!
Have a Merry Christmas & Great Holiday Season……. :slight_smile:

And a very Marry Christmas to you as well. May all your flashlight dreams come true! :slight_smile:

Thank you sir… once this ‘Bad Boy’ get’s here…. I think they will!!! … :wink:

Majoroverkill…… I have an update.

I checked it again and actually the Samsung 35E has a very slightly longer run time than the GA,s. BUT… down to 3.3 V the GA leads.
And for all practical purposes the GA & LG MJ1 are the same.

And looking again to refresh my memory, there is not a nickles worth of difference in the three mentioned above……… :wink:
According to HKJ’s battery page.

I went ahead and ordered 12 of the LG M26 from Liionwholesale because they fare well and are under $3 apiece. :wink: