[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Waiting for a friend to come down and I’ll take a cell phone shot of it blasting across the frozen golf course.

2244 grams with 8 LG M26 cells, 4.94 pounds. (think that’s right, my memory can screw something up walking 30’ away)

People got lights, but I even haven’t got any message.

Still no sign of mine yet… hope its not lost on the holiday mail overloads…

not the best looking beam shot; moon, and freezing breath included :wink:

:+1: :+1: Come on dark!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Like I said, only the USA lights have shipped so far that I know of and only those without cells (not all of the lights without cells, just some of them).

So since it looks like you are in Australasia, it is highly unlikely that your light would have shipped yet.

I ordered mine with batteries…I’m going to wait until next Friday and if I don’t hear anything, I was going to ask around…

in other news, Happy New Year everybody

:+1: Thank you DB Custom :beer:

My Dad is 89 years old, can you imagine what went through his mind seeing this light come out of the box? He remembers coal miners using carbide lanterns on their helmets. And a cardboard wrapped Alkaline D cell that gave a puny orange light from a flashlight, back in the early 30’s.

I gave him a Q8 for his 89th birthday in November, here he holds it next to the GT…

Compared to the BTU Shocker and Convoy L6…

And next to the venerable Olight S90 Intimidator…

The GT is mounted to my tripod, waiting for darkness to fall…… :wink:

Make sure you use the down-click turbo and not just the top of the ramp for lux tests. Those numbers sound like top of the ramp numbers (aka, 2A vs 2.5A).

Most get between 1.1 - 1.3mcd on turbo.

same here

:+1: :+1: That is to cool! Great pictures, it makes the L6 seem normal in size. :slight_smile:

Also 5 m I think is way to close, 10 meters is minimum

THAT’s a really cool shot man. Mind if I make it the bg on my cell?

Double clicked to Turbo, not my first rodeo. :wink:

oh wow, sure thing!

How’s the tint apears to you lucky one’s, is it too warm? :cry:

Giggles has landed! It was in Hong Kong yesterday and on my front door today by 3:00pm. I guess mine was a stow away on the SR-71 Blackbird-Thanks for the ride. The BLF team has designed a beautiful match of form and function, and Lumintop did an incredible job on production and packaging. The O rings were lubed, everything fit perfectly together and the finish is flawless to my initial inspection. I have 8 q30’s on board and am just pining away waiting for the sun to go down. I am surprised at how slow it heats up with “Turbo” on. Even after 30 seconds the head was still cool to the touch-I’m assuming the large mass must be the reason. The tint looks like the noon day sun to me, not too warm but pleasing to the eye. I will know more when it is dark and I can compare it to other beams. Thanks for the tip left earlier about making very shallow cuts when opening the outer box due to the close proximity of the exterior box to the interior box. Since I am sans a good camera, I will watch to see others that post beam shots and only provide iPhone shots if I have something to add that no one else provided. This will be my last post in this thread , again unless I really have something of value to add. Thank you to every one involved in bringing this mass of perfection to fruition, all the hours invested have paid off handsomely.
To those still waiting for their lights, I say “be patient and hang in there because it is really well worth the wait!”

Yeah, just because there is no dark spot does not mean that the beam has diverged enough to give the full lux leading.
Longer FL optics will require lux to be measured at farther distances.

I measured my Optofire at 50m to be safe, I’ve also ordered a new laser meter that can do up to 150m for future measurements of my builds.