[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

You do realize that 10A at 12V is the same amount of power and lumens as 20A at 6V? You will get more power out of it at 12V then 6V due to less losses.

The stock buck driver is just limited, not the LED or 12V setup. Swap in an FET driver and it will work fine.

In you include the spring losses from the carriers then 12V will get you a lot more output as you cut those losses in half.

Yep, this is what the prototype XHP70 mcpcb’s were made from, just with the traces cut to allow for 12V.

I have seen a few people ask about if they are allowed to order more lights with the order link from a prior payment PM.

The answer to this is no. You may only order as many lights as was listed in the PM you received. Anymore lights you want will have to go through the system like everyone else.

So you will need to request to be added to the list again and you will get another payment PM when the next batch of PM’s goes out.

This will happen when the existing orders have been (almost) completed.

No witch hunts for those that have already ordered more please, we will take care of them on a case by case basis out of the public eye.

Please do not make anymore orders then is on your payment PM though going forward.

(Forgive me if I missed someone else answer already.)

No, don’t just order more. That would be jumping the queue. Please request additional units and pay when a PM informs you to.

Happy New Year!

Edit: TA answers while I’m typing.

Ok, and we just got an update from Neal.

I can confirm there is another batch or 194 that shipped out in the last few days.

So a total of 168 + 194 have shipped so far. So far they have all gone to the USA due to the pallet shipping method not being as easy for other countries due to lack of DHL shipments to them.

Another 200 GT’s are supposed to ship by the end of the week. No word on where these 200 are going.

We also finally know why the shipments have been delayed.

It seems that while the lights are almost complete they are not able to get the reflectors fast enough, they are very hard to produce and the factory can only make about 200 per week. Which is why they have only been able to ship around 200 lights per week.

So going forward we can expect around 150-200 lights to ship per week.

There are a bit over 800 orders placed so far last I checked. So figure about another 2 weeks until these orders are complete.

At that point the next set of PM’s will go out.

It sucks but that is the price of quality. Remember this is the largest reflector to be put into a quality flashlight that I know of. And we saw what the prototypes were like, it is worth a delay to get the quality the production reflectors have IMO.

You mean RMM

Sorry for quoting in your post—Don’t know how to fix it

Yep, I realize that the only 12v XHP70 board is 20mm. I have everything to get my XHP70 GT running this weekend. At 6volts with 2x2s2p carriers in series for 8.4volts. So when a 32-42-45mm 12v XHP70 is available I’ll consider it, and NO I’m not cutting/hacking up my SD75 board. :smiley: Anything else I need to realize, I’m all ears? :smiley:

Interesting, just found this: http://www.sinkpad.com/inner-product.php?id=83

You can’t use regular 12 Volts boards anyway, because they have the series connection connected to the thermal slug, which connects to the flashlight body.

so 362 GT’s shipped to the US. 200 are being shipped at the end of the week. That’s positive news, as the total of the first 555 is reached.

You can use the sinkpad and other high end variants, the thermal pad is isolated on them.

Not first 555 on the list….

Yes, i forgot… :person_facepalming:

Kawiboy showed us a nice big XHP70 board by Lumintop.
Would be interesting (to me).

That’s what I thought as well Jerommel, but SinkPAD uses external traces to join the emitter pads and keep the thermal path free and clear. Cree shows the thermal paste layout to include the ground pad, I haven’t seen anyone make an MCPCB that way yet. :wink:

We from other countries can only hope that the guys from the United States did not order 200 new lights per week :smiley:

TA and Boz

I'll take this as good things to come. Thanks for the update!!

Fixed it for you. The (less than)4000 was screwing it up.
Correct, Vinh does not design or make any of his own drivers. Richard makes them for him.

We should have Richard do a group buy ? I’d be in for a few

I’d be curious how many people would actually build their GT with a CFT90