[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

JasonWW, do you know who is going to PM me next week for the info to complete the GB for the BLF GT? I put my name down before the GB closed. Thanks

I personally found great joy in reading this idiom, as it is a family saying for me.

I appear to be immune to tint*. Maybe I need a side by each comparison, but I don’t find the tint objectionable or a huge plus. Maybe (if outside ambient temp’ ever warms up) I need to get outside with a cool tint light vs the GT and see what’s what.

. * Having written that, the human eye is most sensitive in the yellow and green frequencies. So warmer colors work better for us since they are toward the yellow. To further enhance the “seeing” look 15° away from the center of vision for best sensitivity. That moves the eye out of the color vision retinal cones (requires significant light) and into the rods where black and white vision reins supreme. It’s an old optical (amateur) astronomer trick. Our natural reaction is also to scan with the eye. Don’t. Just hold it in one place, and that takes practice. It’s a sort of “long exposure”. You’ll be surprised what you can see with these techniques.

Allowing the eye to dark adapt helps night seeing. 30 minutes with dim red light, or dim to no white light will change the ISO of the retina to dark adaptation and max’ the eyeball ISO. No white light of any significant brilliance or any bright sources. Very low moonlight mode is OK if it has no bright source; full moon won’t kick it in the high eyeball ISO. Trust me on this.

Of course those techniques are useless in the light polluted park walking the dog @ zero dark thirty. I don’t know why I shared them but maybe someone can use it.

I shared that on a hunting forum and a pre-eye Dr med student wrote that they didn’t get that information in their studies, but that I was 100% on target after he researched it. You get it for free if it’s worth anything. Yeah, amateur astronomers know how to use the eyeball as do some ex-military (not all).

Take a time machine back a ways and talk to an Apache, or those that hunted in their realm… either way those folks know about everything there is to know about seeing things. :wink:

[quote=JasonWW]

Yes, you did! Your crystal ball must be really BIGGG!

from left to right:
K70 - BK-FA09S - GT

room height 2.6m

The PM will come from Neal. Probably will be a couple weeks yet before those PMs go out so please dont be disappointed if you do not recieve a PM next week.

Thank you!

Oh my, so dramatic! :smiley:

Don’t worry. It won’t be March. You ordered with DHL, right? So when it ships it should only take 3 to 5 days to get to you.

Also, batteries should have zero effect on your order. They had a small effect with the pallet orders, but no big deal. I think we are done with pallets.

You were the 623rd person to pay so it probably won’t ship in this next batch, but maybe the 4th shipment.

We hope to have all the #1 to #1039 peoples lights shipped out by mid January. As things are looking (just my predictions here) to get all 850 currently paid orders out with an average of 170 lights per shipment, it will take 5 shipments. The first one was Dec 27th, then Jan 3rd. Both Wednesday. So maybe the third shipment goes out on the 10th, the forth shipment on the 17th and the fifth shipment on the 24th. That’s a little bit more than mid January, but it’s also a rough guess on my part.

So I would predict you will have your light in January, not March. (Just my prediction, though)

If things progress as I predict, then maybe TA will consider sending out the purchase codes for the rest of the folks around Jan 19th. Maybe, that’s completely up to him.

Then these last 600 or so group buy orders will start going out late Jan to early Feb.

If this were a smaller light the production speed would be a lot faster (the BLF Q8 was 500 units a week), but unfortunately we built a mega light with a mega reflector which breaks records and is looked at by NASA so production speed is a bit slow (150 to 200 lights per week). It’s worth the wait, though, so we all have to be patient.

Why not shipping to rest the world that using registered first? after first round to US? But they decided shipping dhl+batt+US again. And planned to EU for next shipping??

I mean, with 200 GT production /week, shipping using DHL still will beat registered. But, you got more people happy, more pic from around the world.

See my post above to Far Thrower.

April! Even more dramatic! :smiley:

No, it should be much sooner than that. Batteries should no longer have any effect. No worries there. Neal has plenty on hand, but light production is still a bit slow.

You were 142nd to pay, so it’s very likely your order will be going out next. I’m predicting between now and the 10th since notifications seem to start on Wednesdays. You ordered through registered mail, so that will be maybe 2 weeks for shipping plus whatever delays Swedish customs may cause. So maybe late January or early half of February? I doubt it would be even March, much less April.

Maybe it’s good to get a mind set of April, then you will be surprised and happy when it’s sooner? Sounds good to me.

I like how this sounds, makes me more patient :+1:

I think this is because you have registered mail shipping. So far the first 2 shipments where quick DHL. Now that I think we are done with pallets, your order should be in the 3rd or 4th shipments. It’s hard to say. The 423rd to pay could go either way.

Don’t give up hope, Lumintop is steadily cranking them out and Neal is working hard to get them out as fast as possible, yet still maintaining tight quality control.

i’m in on a reverse handle

He’s just being dramatic. It’s hard to wait for something you bought so long ago. I’m surprised no one has said it will be 2019 before they get theirs. Lol.

I would guess your order will go out this week or next. It’s registered mail so that will be maybe 2 weeks for shipping. Plus customs delays. You will probably get it in Feb, if not late January. Doubtful it will be in March.

Just my predictions. Don’t take it as fact. Don’t get stressed waiting. :beer:

Pfff I’ll be waiting ’til May :wink:

FOG IS FUN (shared google album)

I think you are very similar to Yokiamy and ISO. You all 3 paid about 128th to 142nd and have registered mail. So it will probably arrive in February, if not in late January.

We will just have to wait and see. :+1:

Maybe even June…. :wink:

I would not jump to conclusions before you see it in person.

Sure, figure out a plan and details to allow an emitter swap, but don’t go buying anything until you see it in person, then decide if you want to swap or not.