[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

I updated post #4 with run time charts.

I believe the 35E should perform very similar to the Panasonic 3400mah cells used in the test.

Basically at 2A, the 30Q and 35E perform the same, but the 35E gives a bit longer run time once it drops out of regulation.

At 2.5A, the 30Q gives a bit more output initially, but drops off more quickly.

Let me know if you have any questions. I will try to explain post #4 as best I can and update it with clearer data.

Flashaholics Anonymous

Instead of solder blobbing a specific set of cells to use with my GT, I simply solder blobbed the positive contacts in the carriers. Now any cell I have works with the carrier without fuss. :wink:

And YES, I know this eradicates the reverse polarity protection. This isn’t exactly my first rodeo… :smiley:

I became a member of Flashaholics Anonymous. Any messages for Shirley? :smiley: :smiling_imp:

Nothing rude, mean, personal or otherwise insulting.

At this point I am trying to get in contact with Neal and lumintop to see what is going on.

Could you also check if it is only UK buyers with batteries who have have the orders returned please?

Thank you…… :+1:
… That sure has a date on it. :frowning:

I think that it is about 3am where Neal is so I guess nothing will be heard until tomorrow.
If you do get in touch with him can you mention what has been said on here regarding UK shipments please ie it seems that the DHL (or TNT) returned lights are a labelling problem due to them containing batteries & not a declared value problem please :+1:

Yes, yesterday at 2:36…

Seems slightly crazy. From a business viewpoint they are getting orders (that will be delayed a bit) or at least gathering data about whether they will sell and at what price.

Received my blf gt on 1/22
The light is beautiful!
Thankyou to everyone involved

Am I the only one in San Diego CA

Yes, I will try to see what is going on with the UK orders.

[quote=Wennn]
Seen a pic from someone that just received his, in the same double box that the early US people seem to have gotten, while mine and a few other people got our lights in a single box, which meant wrapped in tape and a box that cannot be kept. ):

I’m not sure I understand what you are implying. Are you suggesting that Lumintop decided to for some reason leave any box shipped to the US in a box that will be worthy of collecting all while consciously doing everything they can to rob the other countries citizens of a nice box? Maybe you need to slowly back away from the computer and take a nap. My order was shipped in a Lumintop box, which was wrapped in a plain box with dhl markings and tape with the associated paperwork. I think perhaps your box had been inspected and thus resealed afterwards. It could be that the external box was too damaged after the inspection to be used. Also my internal box was taped in several places also which had to be cut open. I hope we can at least agree that it is unlikely that Lumintop is trying to purposely make some boxes be in worst shape than others because of the destination country.

Good ole solder (.)(.) :stuck_out_tongue:

Amen my friend…. Amen. :+1: … :wink:

I think there’s something to investigate here.... Well if Lumintop sells the GT with batteries for $265, I paid $222.

I did the same thing! I hope I get approved! :smiling_imp: This isn’t right to do this before the GB is still in progress! I really don’t think it is Neal, but Lumintop. As it looks now, they (Lumintop/Shirley) are now selling the GT’s with 8 cells for $265.00USD with shipping included! So for all of us who have ordered the Gt’s with 8 cells after the first 555, should pay around $157USD for the GT, and $40USD for the cells. This includes shipping! So that is a total of $197USD. So a savings of $68USD. Personally I believe it’s worth the wait, but just isn’t fair to us that have been patiently waiting, and now we are hearing they are starting to sell them to the public! I call BS!!! :rage:

I knew you would like that! Hehehehe :smiley:

What light is that front right?

BoxCarWillie I have just realized what you did there. Yes I am a little slow sometimes, and Yes I approve. Teacher that little slip of the tongue (or finger since we are typing) has led to a wealth of humorous comments. Immature? Maybe. Funny? For me definitely! We have to inject a little levity here sometimes.