[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

DavidEF, I want to see some examples of what you are referring to above on the use of this reflector… especially the “military applications”. That does sound good. :slight_smile:

Can you provide some pictures or links to what you are referring to please.

Here’s a pic of a light with a 120mm reflector. I think you can see how huge it will be :slight_smile:

Exactly who are you? I suggest son, you pull your head in and stop trolling. Go ahead and hammer that ‘rude’ button. It will literally have 0 effect unless 9 others join in.
What ever game you are playing, you are playing with the WRONG person. You have no right to barge in, without reading the entire GT thread - and demand change. Keep this up and YOUR rude meter will overload.

:slight_smile: guys plz chill :slight_smile: be happy :slight_smile:

Chilling is good. Some demanding spanner charging in being a cock, is not :beer:

This is going nowhere like this. it is running in circles…

Current progress:
–120mm or a bit larger reflector (currently searching for suppliers
-single battery tube for 8x18650 batteries in 4s configuration, cell carriers or no cell carriers still to be decided based on cost
-full aluminum construction in 3 main segments: battery tube, driver+switch area, reflector cone (plus the reflector retaining ring)
–46mm SRK style driver, at least 15mm space above for wiring
-XHP35 or XHP35 shaved/dedomed or XHP35 HI (one user will be doing a test/comparison of all 3 to see which can get the most throw and lumens) XHP35 most likely option due to simplicity
-some other stuff I missed/forgot about

It sure is. I think things will ramp up once a reflector source and manufacturer is found …. Enderman most of that was decided pretty much from the outset. I think we all want to see “we have xxxx for manufacturer, and a reflector source”
But until then good things take time

Hi,

I have a design for a search light lurking around on my computer for quite a while now and never got around to making it. Maybe some of you guys like it. The design goes more into a searchlight direction, if I can say that. I was inspired by Maxabeam and Polarion.

I should elaborate on the details a little bit.

• 8 x 18650 with carrier
  • 125mm x 100mm reflector (d x l)
  • Plastic cups at tailcap and bezel to minimise impact on light when dropped. Additionally the light does not scratch any surfaces when put down (I personally think that would be a great idea. This light will be really heavy and thus the impact will be quite hard when dropped. Plastic “covers” at the tailcap and the bezel would help that a great deal. Does anyone else like the idea? That would drive the costs up a little but I would be willing to pay a few $ extra if that means less stress on driver, batteries, led and lens when the light is dropped.)
  • 18mm current switch (for safety reasons)
  • Detachable carrying handle, since imho the battery tube would be too thick to comfortably carry the light
  • Shoulder strap attachment holes
  • According to Solid Edge the weight is around 1.9 kg, 4.2 lbs INCLUDING batteries.
  • Lenght: 31,3 cm, 12.3 inches

I personally would think a rotary control from 0 - 100% would be awesome. However, there would be no way to properly upgrade the driver. So if there is interest in my design I will redesign it for a momentary button. Also the carrying handle isn’t quite as it should be. There is not enough space between the head and the front part of the handle. As mentioned, right now it’s just a rough draft but I think you can see where the design would be going.

Unfortunately outside CAD programs I am not that well versed with this stuff.

This also looks great.
But indeed, Narsil and a “normal” 46mm driver operated via e switch are important, so please rework the magnetic ring :wink:
Where are the strap connection holes?

Interesting, thanks!

OK a little repeating and addition to it since this cannot be lost:
A BLFer contacted me and he is in contact with a Chinese company able to make any size reflector without minimum order quantity

In others words, if a BLFer can do it so a manufacturer

Meaning we could just set the size and shape of a reflector
Example TN42 reflector, sized up to our needs:

And just wauw what a beauty!

Please put me on the list when you get a chance Miller.

wow, 56 pages in just one month :open_mouth:
my vote goas to V 0.4 or V 0.45
I would buy one of those

Thanks! Now with stainless steel e switch:

Haha, I rendered the wrong version. :person_facepalming: Now the strap connection holes are there as well. And there is also enough space under the handle.

I think it is gorgeous!
How does the handle disconnect?

Thanks you! When the tailcap is unscrewed (and potential O-rings removed) the handle can be taken off:

It also shouldn’t be a problem to include a simple spacer for the ones who don’t want to use the handle. Although I don’t know about the limitations of the actual production process. Maybe there is a better solution.

Yes, fritz15 , that’s a nice design. it grabs you.

The most important question. Because that would be the first thing I remove and throw into the trash. :innocent:

I love that design fritz! I was never a fan of the normal/tube flashlight shape for this light, since it was going to be so large. But, the way you designed it actually works for me aesthetically. I could see me buying this (well, if I ever have any money again). I think it needs some anti-roll design at the head, though. And, it would be nice to have a tri-pod mount hole also.

That looks nice Fritz!!! I think with that design you can go for an even bigger reflector maybe a 150mm one!