[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Thanks everyone!

The handle was intended as anti-roll design, but people here don’t seem to like handles very much haha. Otherwise the hole for the shoulder strap should also prevent it from rolling away. But apart from that I certainly can add some anti-roll stuff. Yeah, I can do that, too.

Haha, see here: [PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping. - #1676 by fritz15

Here are some renderings without handle:

But damn, that program is good! The results look amazing and quite real (which is not because of my skill set, I basically have no idea how to operate this program).

Wow, those are very nice renderings of an inspiring design !
You should enter the ‘design competition’ too.
…and i should get a 3D design app like that too, but i bet it won’t run on Ubuntu…

Couple of things though:
It seems a bit top heavy, the switch should be more towards the reflector i.m.o.
That handle has to be quite strong too with all that weight at the front of where it is mounted.
The carrying strap eyelets / lanyard holes can be machined into the body,you have sharp looking protruding ones.

For the rest, i really quite like it. :+1: :+1: :+1:

With all due respect, I think this is the best design so far.

I’m afraid i’ll have to agree. :slight_smile:

Certainly not bad!

I have my doubts about the handle placement.
It’s gonna be heavy at the head, so the big question is where is the CoG? (Center of Gravity)
And how does that relate to your hand position?
I’m afraid that the weight will pull the light down at the front when using the handle.

The handle should be holding the front of the flashlight right before the head, unless it is some really strong aluminum like 7075.
Center of mass will be in front of the center point and the light is very heavy.
Also, the body looks like a polarion :stuck_out_tongue: I like their lights a lot.

The handle could be attached to the tripod mount, the switch would the point downwards…but it could be a solution for those who like to have the handle attached… :confused:

It’s a interesting design on fritz15’s flashlight, but for some reason I like 0.5 or 0.45 more…

As long as it has a tripod mount you could always just add your own handle if you wanted, that would reduce the total cost of the light…

http://www.paintballguns.net/kingman-mr-series-tactical-rail-handle.html

fritz I have to say, that is really not bad at all.

Like was mentioned I am not a fan of a built in handle, better off with the “box” design in such a case but with a tripod mount a handle can be added easily (also reduces costs since the handle can be purchased only by those that want it separately).

I would also like to see more cooling fins, it will need all the cooling help it can get even with in stock form with ~35W flowing through it and 8 cells to power it for long periods (not to mention mods). Course if you do too much change it will just end up like the V0.5 lol

While not really my thing it is a close runner up at this point. I personally like something on that empty space on the head to break it up but others do not.

I do have to wounder if a smooth grip is a good idea with a light this large and heavy? Seems like it would be easy to slip out of the hand?

Hey, we agree on something! :wink:

Yeah, i think the anti rolling blocks of my design would look good on Fritz’s light.
I’m sure he could incorporate that into it.

It seems really nice indeed. But the tube should be more comfortable to hold. This one has too many ridges and cutouts. Flat tube with knurling (Like a L6, haha) is the best for holding comfortably.

I agree.

I love the design (maybe best yet?) and I like it most of all with the handle.
A like this big and with the predicted performance is more of a searchlight than a flashlight and with the handle it looks more like a searchlight.
Yes, it does remind me of the Polarion, and that’s a good thing!

I also agree with mdeni that the batt tube could be re-designed for better comfort when the handle is not being used.

Great design from one of Germany’s best modders!

Grtz
Nico

I like this design, all parts are compatible. Excellent!!!
I’m worried about weight, My design has a weight of about 922g. Fritz15 please could you tell me the information of the weight of your designs.

This light won’t be designed for a handle due to the fact that the box design was rejected early on and would be a far superior handle based light. This light is to be primarily setup for hand held use and if someone wants a handle they can mount one on the tripod mount.

A (detachable) handle doesn’t make it a box.

The head looks a lot lighter though.

I said that the box design is far superior to putting a handle on a normal light. The cost of making the handle will be paid by all when most did not vote for such a light.

The tripod mount is there for this particular reason, that way people can easily add a handle if they desire but not everyone has to pay for it if they do not (most will not).

I love the handle design but it sadly will add too much to the cost I am afraid and if we will add a lot of cost we might as well go with a design better suited for a handle anyways.

Yes the tripod mount is for a handle.
Schoulder strap connections for a strap.
handle and strap not included, must use after market

And those strap loops are very pronounced. Perhaps they will be removable, or at least grindable.

The design is good on the eyes.

Just a quick and sloppy adaptation to share:

I.m.o. the blocks could look better, they should be more in line with Fritz’s design.