[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Okay, sorry. Then we agree on this.

It’s gonna be tough though to put a handle on that won’t work itself loose with only a tripod mount.
But i don’t really see a need for a handle on the GT.
The battery tube will be fine by itself i.m.o.

…maybe skip the battery carriers…? :smiley:

I would buy that quick sloppy mess! :smiley:
There are some really great designs and design collaborations being thrown out there now.

This thread has turned into quite a circus but man it’s fun to watch! :+1:

The battery carriers are not set in stone, it depends on what the manufacture says but we will ask for them at first since it will make modding easier.

Carriers will also make the driver assembly much easier and as such some of the cost will be balanced out that way (no need to properly align each and every light with the driver to ensure the cells are in the correct orientation).

I’m all for this evolution process.
Together we can work towards perfection (or just something very good).

Do we need extra anti roll cutouts at the head with this flattened tailcap?

Post a rendering of the long gt…

I have an idea that doesn; t need the driver to be adapted.
I understand this was the main reason to consider battery carriers.
I will try to visualize what i have in mind at a later time.
As for the tail cap, the switch can break the series chain in the middle, in stead of break between (-) and the main body tube.
The alignment in the tail would than have to be solved by a rotating PCB with the battery springs and notches that keep it in place, as other brands have used too.

Don’t drink and post buddy.

Do we need a huge thrower at all? :smiley:
I don’t know, i just thought the head could do with some features.
But maybe not.

Think Brinkman 5 cell maglite copy
Could be used with 2 3 or even 5 cells…

Well, I think I was the first one to come up with the request of putting anti-roll features on the head. I did notice that the tailcap has flat sides, and would act as a sort of anti-roll mechanism. But it is such a small diameter compared to the head that I doubt it would be reliably effective.

Vol, sorry but let me throw a Dutch saying at you and be done with it, als je niets goeds te zeggen hebt, zeg dan niets” (if you have nothing good (positive) to say, just say nothing)
:wink:

Carriers are not only for modding IMHO they serve an important role in safety.
Sliding 4 or 8 cells in a tube with half oriented the other way as the other half just screams disaster where a carrier with springs at - side for cells is easy to see while loading up and I think half the world is educated in putting the - sides of batteries at the spring side of a device.

All in good humor
No worries

Correct^

I am curious, how high is your rude meter so far?

I just now saw that you mentioned weight, probably I was blinded by the beauty of the design, so I missed this information

from rendering I saw that it could have a higher weight (1.9 kg, 4.2 lbs INCLUDING batteries.)

my designe 922g + 8x18650(400g)=1322g

But I would have to say that I prever a “normal” on any tool

Bill Murry
But I’m serious

Well, removing that handle would probably bring it a lot closer in weight.

Hi the Miller,
Please put me down for 1GT a 2kg flashlight with no price!
THX