[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

teacher,
I have nothing to do with that reflector. I only brought it up because people were forgetting about it, so I was trying to help remind them. You’re right, it is a very interesting reflector! The reflector is in ImA4Wheelr’s possession. He obtained it from Illumination Machines as a sample. He told the whole story of the reflector in a previous post long, long ago (actually, across several posts). He was told by IM that it was designed for a military application. His first post in this thread about that reflector was post #28, on page one. I just looked it up. If you go back and read every page of this thread again, you will know everything I know about this reflector! :stuck_out_tongue:

fritz15’s general design looks ok but weren’t we all hating the ‘clean head’ look, not too many pages back?
Also I feel the proportions are wrong as it looks like the head+fins take up 50% or more of the total length of the light. 5ar renderings looking more like a functional light, with correct proportions. I feel it would be a drag to hold as your hand would be way too far back from the head. And so many parts :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

Don’t get me wrong, I like fritz design far better then anything else that has been proposed besides the 5AR design but V0.45 or 0.5 is still totally what I want to see this light look like.

It is big, it is aggressive, it is a monster. THAT is what this light was designed to be from the very start.

I could simply live with the fritz design if forced without needing to hide it under a paper bag during the day. lol

Like I said before, the big empty head is still not my thing, it is just missing something.

reflector
Ima4wheeler has emailed them and me introducing me.
I wanted to call (as the software guys for designing a reflector as well both US companies)

A BLFer has made contact with a Chinese manufacturer in Chinese that can make any reflector we want
They even want to help design I f we state LED, centering ring and general sizes
Theb a sample can be bought.
So I hold of calling the US guys and think we should start by giving them a general idea
Scaled up TN42 reflector
120mm ID top
112mm depth
2,5mm walls
XHP35HI LED with large centering ring allowing people to mod the GT with XHP70
Right?
Also provide the schematic for shape so often posted in this thread.
Then see what such a thing would cost, right?

For all designs reflector outer sizes should be 125 by 112.

Exactly. Jerommel got a pounding for proposing what I deem a somewhat similar light. But now all of a sudden this new render is flavour of the day? I too could live with it but that’s not what we are after, right? We want to show off our masterpiece and not have a light ‘inspired by’ or generic looking.
If indeed this goes to a poll ( imho not a good idea ) 5ar will get my vote. Not to say the others are bad, they are not. They just don’t fit the bill :beer:

“generic looking” is pretty much all of the designs so far up to today. Typical flashlight head, straight tube, knurling, and some fins.
If anything the polarion style lights are some of the most unique and functional I have seen in the industry.
Not saying one is better than the other, but if you care about “unique” and “not generic” then IMO polarion >>>> 5ar’s design
But I think most people would be more comfortable with the standard straight tube design, no handle, regular head, etc… becuase that’s what they’re used to.

Who knows what makes people like certain things…

Humans r 2 weird amiright…

Funny thing is that all reflectors are just various scaled paraboles.

Okidoki. :+1:

The worst ones are those who consider themselves normal. :slight_smile:

I wonder how many times you have stated that in this thread.

Which one is that?

Depends on which part, the first half, don’t think at all. The second part many times.

I REALLY Like the V0.45 design.

I am trying to find it now. It was that reflector outline that kept being quoted so much I lost track of who posted it at first. One of the guys working with the recoil setup.

:+1:

I think this is it, or if someone has a better suggestion to work with for a reflector shape please do post. I would love to know what convoy did to focus the beam so well that it got rid of the donut hole on the XHP70 (the SMO version is about like the S70 OP reflector).

OK, thank’s T_A……… :+1:

For me, this is about pushing things forwards
A new BLF Narsil driver on larger scale then Oshpark, an extreme light with personally some good use for it
I really don’t care much for how it looks on the outside as long as functional elements are there.
You know why? I know I will love it no matter how it looks because of the process and people making it possible.
Let me stress this again, I do not like the look of the L6, really when looking at it as objective as I can it just doesn’t work for me, YET, I really like J-Dub74, I respect Simon and seeing it come to life done by these two makes it a beautiful light for me and a joy to use.

These projects are not for just the next cool light for me, that would be same as so many manufacturers do it.
And I must say that I have seen designs in this thread that are making me think for a good BLF progress project for I so like them (we need a small Narsil BLF driver right? And a double lensed zoomie with good cooling. If all goes well I just know who to PM to get those two project housed , lots of choice :slight_smile: )

Please count me in. Thank you.

5ar’s design is for sure heavily inspired by Convoy L6, the only difference is the head from above the switch…everything else is matching.

Just saying…. (to correct you.)

And I worry about that depth of the reflector a bit, maybe a deeper (or shallow…for that part) one would throw better??
Maybe the manufacturer “the miller” is speaking about could have som input on that part. For the best of it!?

Anyone??