[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Thanks for the team and thanks for Lumintop!

Lumintop showed that he is a good company, thanks to Texas for a good job. Thx Lumintop.

If you want something lightsaber-ish, try a well-optimized aspheric lens light. All hotspot with virtually no spill.

Here are some shots of my modded Jax Z1’s beam:

The GT definitely has much higher lux and lumens, but it also has a wider donut-shaped beam up close and it has a spill area around the beam. Smaller zoomies tend to work better as lightsabers.

Or you could just get a lightsaber. That works too.

Oh Thanks A Lot TK! Now I have this crazy scheme in mind to use my GT as a host for the 7” condenser lens that’s been sitting here beside me forever, I’ve even got a Canon aspheric out of a wide angle lens as a pre-focus optic so the large condenser’s focus point is a more realistic length. Won’t be able to sleep now til I figure out how to go about machining a focusing tube to hold the big lens and an adapter to hold the pre-focus lens into the GT’s pill….

Edit: Some preliminary testing shows the hot spot in stock form about 10” in diameter at ~25’ away. With both lenses I have, the square die shown is about 6” at that 25’ distance. With just the large lens it’s a little less than 2”! I’ll have to have the large lens 18” away from the XHP-35 if I use it singly though… or about $140 for a section of aluminum tube to allow it to work. (plus one or two 12”x12” flat sheet at 1/2” thick to allow me to join everything up, at $30 each. Can get expensive fast huh?)

Edit II: A pic of the result as shone across the room. The longer distance only the hot spot showed in the picture and gave no reference to size…

The canvas on the wall of my boy when he was younger is 20” x 24”, the hot spot this close is much smaller than the camera shows here. :wink:

Thanks TA for shipping solution. So, we just now about affected order from Neal message? LT have no list about it? China new year is in February 16th. looks like Neal got holiday early.

Everyone starts early, pretty much the whole month of February China shuts down, we deal with it every year.

Some places are not back online until a few weeks into march in some cases.

They also generally get off early as well, a lot of places have already started and most of the rest will get off this week.

I try to always have any china orders I need finished ordering by mid-January to make sure they ship before the holiday.

Thank you Texas_Ace! This thread really needed rest, a temporary closure of the topic I hope gave a little respite for TA. If I agree to a slow delivery, I just have to sit and wait or need to report this to Neal or he will ask me myself which option do I choose?

You can just sit and wait.

beamshots, we need beamshots………

Is it something like the Cometa,which many of us have, or better? My Cometa gives 164KCd by swapping the front lens to a Zaxman Z1 one,something which changes the tint as well to a better for me tint.

Is it too late to get on a $150 list for this, or do I have to wait?

Unfortunately the group buy option is closed for this light. There are a few people who have listed them for sale here, and at some point they will be available via retail, but realistically, we’re probably talking a number of weeks before that happens. Between the Chinese New Year and hundreds of yet unfulfilled shipments to the group buy folks, it’s going to be a little while.

Worth the wait, though.

This is what the Cometa was trying to be. The idea for the Cometa project was to sell a pre-modded Jax Z1 with BLF driver and dedomed emitter, which is what I used in the picture. But, long story short, the Cometa didn’t quite reach that goal.

1. You should announce yourself in wts thread : paying right away 200$ for the GT,probably will be someone to answer yo,the fastest /cheapest way to get a GT right now

Well money has been returned, I must say, finally that the whole issue has been treated in a very professional way, I am happy with LT’s decision, I think it is the right thing and a big thank you to TA Y NEAL for their efforts, after all this paranoia proved to be at the level of circumstances, again thanks and regards!

Nice work, TA and Lumintop! :+1:

I was describing the size of the GT to my 11-year-old nephew over the phone.

He said, “Wow! That’s way bigger than an EDC!” :smiley:

Thank you TA, for all the effort . :+1:

What happened to Neal ?
Been trying to reach him but no replies after weeks

Hello i would like to buy two of these lights please. Thank you.

As IndyArcher said.