[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

And here we see again, why free crypto-currencies are so much needed.

PayPal is a mess for dealers…

Hope this gets resolved soon.

In the meantime a first beamshot:

A crane was lighted up behind the houses…
Sorry for the low quality. Only had my phone with me…

Closeup:

And of course the obligatory star wars shot (I hope they don’t sue me for this) :wink:

Protocol only: Yesterday I received my GT.
Packaging in very bad condition, but fortunately no problems with the content.
Registered post with batteries. No extra charge.

Where I can buy this flashlight ? Thx

1 < 1050 < 1192 < 1555

:person_facepalming:

The group buy is now closed.

It will likely only be sold on-line. Not sure which web site.

At some point, after all the group buy lights are shipped, it will be open for public sale. (No time frame yet.) Check this site and someone will likely have discount coupons to reduce the cost.

Yeah, it has been really slow for me as well but then the internet in general has seemed slow recently. I figured it was just me.

Yeah, they could be pressuring PP to stop Neal (and possibly several others), and they might be trying to get to the manufacturer by other means. IMO their claim is mostly ridiculous, but with a heavyweight corporation there’s mostly no justice. Just like the victor gets to (re)write history, in anarcho capitalist business the biggest dog gets to decide what’s right. The GT bag being a counterfeit Levi’s product makes about as much sense as “black guns are scary so let’s ban them”.

Trying to fix a frozen Paypal account has been an infamous nightmare scenario as long as PP has been a thing. I wish Neal good luck with this. I agree, this could really be a problem.

Really? I doubt that. Even if their merchant account contract says so, it would depend on the country and bank. I can see no way that my bank’s policies would allow that. AFAIK, there’s no possible way to for me to enter into a contract like that.

They can debit linked cards no problem, but that’s unrelated. I would never link a card that’s linked to the account I withdraw to if I were a PP merchant account holder. I don’t think that’s required? Even if it were, I can set limits to my card and PP would have no way of knowing.

Info for those who are in Malaysia.

I received my GT yesterday. I requested registered but it was sent in 1 big package.
This is the tracking information.

Location Scan Date Activity
MYY 03/03/2018 15:47:14 SHIPMENT OUT FOR DELIVERY
MIRI 03/03/2018 15:35:07 ROUTE SCAN
MYY 03/03/2018 15:31:45 SHIPMENT ARRIVED AT ABX FACILITY
BKI 02/03/2018 17:52:28 LOGSHEET
BKI 02/03/2018 17:16:59 SHIPMENT ARRIVED AT ABX FACILITY

Holy crap, 1 month transit

That’s is an average shipping time with registered.

Are there any updates as to when the last batch of 50 will be dispatched? CNY has been over so I am curious.

can someone confirm that I have 2.5mm between the carrier and the driver?
the inner plastic ring of the carrier 16mm?

The reflector company has to make their batch of reflectors and send it to Lumintop. Then Lumintop has to finish assembling all of the lights. Then they can pack them up and ship them out. The last 50 lights might be sent out later this week.

Ill just live in hope that at some stage I will be able to buy just the reflector, I need 11 of them!.

I never got payment instruction so whats wrong here?

We are trying to finish up the orders of those who paid back in December.

After that, all the new order forms will be sent out.

I don’t know if the sake is over or not, but I would really like a chance to buy one of the Giga Throwers…even if at full price. Please feel free to contact me with information.

CFT-90 driver for max 40A
with adjustable temperature throttle over the LED NTC

I need a measurement of the retaining ring thickness if the Attiny 85 MCU fits or if I need to move it on the other side

How much will that driver cost?

Okay, now I see what you are asking. I measure 2.8 mm depth assembled. With everything taken apart I think I get a better depth reading of 2.5 mm.

The retaining ring is 2.45 mm thick.

The diameter of the black ring on the carrier is 19.85 mm