[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Will LT today despatch around 50 x BLF GT?

I sent last week 2 emails to Neal but I did not get any answer.

I really hope today is the day flashlight will leave Lumnitop and start long journey to customers (me included). It will soon be 4 months from payment.

Thank you

Kind regards

I have also sent Neal a variety of e-mails because I should get 2 GT but only one GT was included in the package.
The GT is perfect but it is still missing the 2nd and I get no answer from Neal.
In this way, thanks again to the team but how Lumintop handles all this is very unlucky to put it mildly.
Thanks also to Martin for his support regarding my missing GT.

I am a very patient person but I expect something in return for my money.

greeting
Jens

From post #1.

Overall I have to say, I am impressed with how smoothly this GB has gone. Excluding the massive delays there have not been any widespread major issues, like I don’t know, the Q8?

Just minor issues and a handful of isolated major issues. I will take delays over major issues any day. Who wants a non-working light now only to have to then try to get it fixed later?

That said, there are of course lessons to learn from this GB, the biggest lesson is that when you are building the largest mass produced LED flashlight in the world (that I am aware of), no one really knows what to expect. There were many surprises along the way and we are working towards solutions for them. Sadly due to decisions made many many months ago there is only so much we can do at this point.

Going forward it is looking like Lumintop has wisely decided to stockpile some reflectors and only accept orders for lights that they can ship quickly. This should help most of the slow shipping complaints. Although I am guessing it will be at least a month before the payment PM’s start going out.

It is also unknown how long until public sales will start as they will have to be a new batch made for that, which from past experience can take a few months depending on the size.

Once we get confirmation that the remaining orders have shipped, we will start fixing outstanding issues.

Finally The head arrived to me too.
It is Huge!
I made some pics from it.

I run into the same problem measuring lumens as some other folks:
My lumensnake is too small.

One small hit on the fins:

One switch led is brighter than the other:

Convoy S2+ clear:

Next to my 1 month old daughter. She was faster than GT Just saying :smiley:

Anybody want a keychain light? The picture is not the best so I hope you see it bebehind the keys and the Nitecore TIP :smiley:

Nice pics Zozz! But your daughter seems a bit indifferent towards the GT, slightly dismissive even it seems :laughing:

I think it said we expect to send them then. Fact is we only get fed a limted amount of information and pass on what little we know.

In this case the end of march or even a few weeks into march looks probable.

Although until these final orders are confirmed shipped and outstanding issues are dealt with we really don’t have any idea.

The fact Neal can’t even accept payments right now if he wanted to complicates things as well.

I am not in a big rush to send out the next batch of PM’s. The fact is they would still be limited to around 100 reflectors a week, so it would not speed anything up in practical terms except people sending money.

I say let them stockpile some reflectors so that they can be shipped right away when people order in the future. As it should have been from the very start.

Oh man she is not impressed with that flashlight. I hope you are saving money for her sweet sixteen party. I have a feeling that, judging by the look of disdain towards the awesome gt, she will be expecting a Jaguar!! Just kidding, I’m glad you have received your GT, and the picture of your daughter is precious. Cheers!

My GT was send by registered too… One piece is still only send from Malesya and still does not come to Poland. Second part should be in Poland but since 5.03 tracking said only “in transport”. Before I’ve received my tracking numbers Also I asked Neal to change from registered to DHL. He send me OK, but GT was send by registered. What a mess

Yeah, this is why I said at the start that changing the address or shipping method after the order was placed was not easy or guaranteed. Things get all kind of messy when human error gets involved with 1500 orders.

Fill out the survey Martin made about your issue and it will be added to the list to be checked out in the coming weeks.

She’s got preferences. Her night light is an Emisar D1 with Andúril. So I can turn it in sunset mode and she can fall asleep in a low light enviroment. :slight_smile:

I’ve allready fill up the survey ,but ,sadly ,never ever received an answer to my other issue of the 8cells ordered separately from Neil,through m4dm4x site ,payed on december special to be shipped separately ; more that a month ago,i asked refund through here,and never received any answer neither refund ; the shipping number for the light that was supposed to be sent on 7th february still shows “pending if deposit”(whatever that means), so ……what am i supposed to do right now? The worse of it,is that never ever received any message from Neil/Lumintop to clarify things ,If light has been sent,what happened with the cells that i’ve ordered etc. - isn’t it fair to receiver an apropriate answer from seller or Neil?

I agree, it is not right that you have been hanging this long. Sadly there is nothing anyone else can do, Neal is the only one with access to the money.

I know he is overwhelmed with all the work that needs to be done, which is part of why I am taking things easy on the next batch. Hopefully give Neal time to catch up on the outstanding issues. So I hope that you will be getting a response in the coming weeks as my priorty changes from getting the final 50 orders shipped to fixing all outstanding issues.

Since you are on the Survey list your issue will be seen, that much I can promise, what will be done, only Neal knows that.

Remember, I am nothing more then a glorified messenger boy at this point. I simply pass messages back and forth while trying to keep things moving forward.

You know,to many nice words,but honestly,is so easy for Neil or LT just to write a message and say : ok,we dont have an answer yet,but we have your issue and we are working on it ; that’s how it works politely, all these weeks i’ve been waiting patiently,and now you telling me how overwhelmed Neil is? Common , is this issue to big for him,so he cannot write a message neither? I am dealing daily with more then 60 issues in logistics and Customer service And believe me……never ever would leave an issue without an answer,even though it doesnt have a positive solution , otherwise i would loose my job and i’m meaning - it seems that’s nota a problem right here

I am just over here in the corner, waiting. patiently for my PM while I worry I was forgotten. But thankfull for all the work other people are doing :star:

I understand what you are saying, I have also worked in customer service and sales and I never let anyone hang for more then a few days tops.

Sadly in this case there is simply nothing I can do. I only hear from Neal about once a week lately myself. I know he is working a normal job on top of this GB and was getting hundreds of messages a day he had to deal with. I think he got overwhelmed and is having a hard time getting back on track.

Which is part of why I slowed things down to give him time to catch up. I have also been in his shoes where you are so far behind it feels like you can never catch up, it is easy to give up entirely at that point.

I am not making excuses for him, I have told him several times he needs to get in gear and start dealing with issues. I do understand his situation though.

I am hoping with the stress of having to make weekly shipments now almost past for the time being, he should be able to focus on the outstanding issues.

Not to worry, you have not been forgotten. If you are waiting for the next batch, everyone is in the same boat, we will send out the next batch of PM’s as soon as I feel they are ready for more orders. This means they need to finish all the existing orders first.

If you have an existing order, thenmake sure you filled out the survey. I will be putting that in list of issues in Neal face regularly until it is dealt with.

Damn… wish i got that kinda response with MY issues.
hopefully my order is treated as such from this point on. :confused:

Damn… wish i got that kinda response with MY issues.
hopefully my order is treated as such from this point on. :confused:

Don’t get what you mean, the TA’s is just an answer, he doesnt have the solution