[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Did LT send 50 FL out?
I did not get any email from Neal…

Kind regards

People getting upset is purely a psychological thing. If they ask a question and get ignored, they feel bad. Just getting a response, even if it doesn’t solve a problem, can make a person feel better.

For instance, if Neal did everything exactly the same, but simply had better communication, people would feel a lot better about the long wait. They wouldn’t get their light any sooner, but they would feel a lot better.

This psychological aspect is something I’m still figuring out.

The shipping company should have picked them up yesterday, Monday. Now Neal has to wait for the tracking numbers to be set to him. I don’t know how long that takes.

I remember some DHL packages arrived before some people got their tracking numbers. So I guess that takes a couple of days at least?

I haven’t had time to keep up on this thread for some time now. Few weeks back some people were complaining about reflector quality. I believe they were being made by Lumintop. Now, after reading few pages of most recent posts, I see references to Lumintop getting/awaiting shipments of reflectors. Could someone briefly fill me in on reflector saga?

Lumintop does not make the reflectors. They are made by a specialty company that cuts and coats them. Back in November I think this company said they could make all the reflectors very quickly like under a month (for 850 lights) and then the GB started, orders came in and they said hey, we can only make about 120 to 150 a week. So Lumintop has to wait for reflector shipments to come in before they can finish assembling the lights. On top of that, there were a lot of rejected reflectors that were not of high enough quality.

Lumintop tried to find a second reflector making company capable of making these giant reflectors, but could not find one.

That’s what I remember off the top of my head.

Thanks

I totally agree with you comment. If there will be new group buys with Neal, I really think he will have to learn how to properly comunicate with customers.

Kind regards

Start in Sunset mode, and every night turn it up a little. Soon she will not sleep without the full 4000 lumen, and you have turned her into a fullblown flashoholic :partying_face:

That is very well said Jason… & pretty much true!

If Neal would/had just popped onto this thread with a weekly update even…. many people would have felt better simply because they had heard something.

While it is totally unrealistic to expect Neal (or anyone else) to answer each seperate email or PM …. a short & sweet weekly update, posted on this thread by Neal himself; would have calmed many a savage beast…… :wink:

That is so TRUE…

That reply applies to you and everyone else as well. I am trying to get Neal to respond to more people but right now I am also just trying to get him to respond to me. Communication has been really slow the last few weeks since CNY.

As I said, now that the final 50 orders should have shipped, my priority changes to getting these issues figured out. As long as you have filled out the survey I can promise he will see your issue. Although I have no part in what is done to fix the issue.

Yes, Neal confirmed they should have been picked up yesterday, I have not heard anything more then that.

I am trying to get his to send tracking numbers, the key word is trying.

Great to hear that the final 50 orders have been shipped out.

I 100% agree with everyone, the psychological effect of regular updates is something that can not be understated. I have tried to explain this to Neal….

These are hard learned lessons I learned many years ago, which is why I make sure to check into this thread at least once a day, even if I have no new information to give.

I am not happy about the communication speed as of late with Neal. That said I also try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, never jump to conclusions.

So I have had some leniency the last few weeks since CNY as everything came back online and they got these final orders shipped.

Now I want this issues taken care of as fast as possible.

Just got email from Neal where he stated that the flashlights were shipped out today and the tracking numbers will be available as from tomorrow.

So, I purchased back in December. I’ve been a long time browser but not a registered member. I have however been a long time member on CPF under a different user name.

Am I understanding correctly that I must have been in that last 50 orders? I’m just trying to make sure that I’m getting this correctly.

As with others, a couple of emails to Neal have gone unanswered. I’ve not heard from him since he emailed me back in December to verify a telephone number and double checked my address.

Jason, I am just wondering if I am not reading carefully enough. Where did you get the info about Lumentop looking for another reflector company? Was that posted here? Or do you communicate privately with Neal or Lumentop?

Who is Neal?

I find the cast of characters here confusing. Is it that way on purpose?

Believe it or not, this is a related note for me: Where does the name Narsil come from?

Regarding the psychological issue you mentioned, about how people feel vs. actual supply of lights, it sounds to me like you have it all figured out, except maybe you are puzzled about why people are the way we are. Especially when money is involved, reasonable people turn into all sorts of things. I don’t see how the waiting game aspect of a group buy could have been explained more clearly than it is in this thread, but people toss it out the window.

I guess this is restating the obvious….the plan is to address issues on orders already filled before taking the next round of orders? If I were filling these orders, that is what I would want to do, as part of trying to make the next round of orders as close to perfect as possible, correcting any problems causing the issues already encountered.

I am 1554 on the list. That has me a little worried, because I read the group buy is limited to 1,500 lights. However, my number of 1,554 is not adjusted lower to account for all the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th lights ordered by some people. I did a quick count and saw there are way more than 54 of those 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lights that I thought were supposed to get my number down below 1500. The part that worries me is I know some people have already got more than one light, so I am assuming those lights past the first per person were sent only after accounting for the number of people who are supposed to be able to get one light, even though we are way down near the bottom of the list. The problem with that is we obviously are working with a stressed process here, so it seems plausable that I could end up with a bad news email that says, “Sorry, dude, ’we’d love to send you a BLF GT for $150, but unfortunately, the group buy has reached its limit and you are SOL.” I feel like this is a big favor to even have a shot at the GB, so it’s not like I feel like I am owed anything. That doesn’t mean I would not be disappointed.

Welcome to BLF Boots.

I see you joined today, was there a BLF GT list on CPF? Is that where you purchased yours from?

I was sent directly to Neal to purchase. I contacted him and he had me order through his page.