[PART 2] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Closed, but Public sales open!

Lumintop is getting another batch of lights in soon so we will be sending out the next and final batch of PM’s in the coming days (as soon as the script is ready). They should ship within 2-3 weeks like this batch.

I got my short tube at the end of last week.

So does the shorty tail piece decrease the output some because I was watching a video and the person reviewing it said it reduces the output I’m just curious because I was imagining the two carriers to be working in parallel and keep the same voltage if there was 1 or 2 or more

It just means shorter run time.

As I expected, thanks

The same load fed by one carrier vs two is going to result in more voltage drop due to double the current being pulled from the one carrier vs two. But as long as the one carrier is still providing enough voltage to be in regulation, it won’t be any dimmer.

Er, using 4 cells instead of 8 will double the load on each cell, and will likely cause voltage to sag sooner. However, this is the same regardless of whether the long or short tube is used.

The same effect could be observed on the BLF Q8 by loading it with 2 cells instead of 4.

Which means shorter runtime ,

Post 101 here has the run time graph of the GT using four cells.

I plan to run mine on 4 batteries. I’m not hiking with the GT as my primary light source for extended periods of time. I can imagine a typical outing where I’m using it in shorts bursts for a total runtime of a few minutes. Eight batteries is a lot to manage for this scenario.

These people who are tracking their packages like wolves stalking their prey… don’t they have a life to live?? I mean… we all gotta work for a living right? Don’t they have more important things to do right now??

Lol

3rd batch ALERT

GT unloading Spotted,
(arrival - laguardia)

scheduled for deliverery
>>>>>>>>>> any day now! :wink:

How sweet it is…… :smiley: … :+1:

Lol :sunglasses:
Here in Sweden its a Red (holiday) day today, which means that people dont work. And that means it was a “bridge day” yesterday. And not many people work on bridge days. Not. In My line of work anyway.
Same thing next week i think, Red day on thursday, “bridge day” on friday. :slight_smile:

Shipped 28-4 , arrived today with DHL.
No shipping mail received.
Thank you guys.
:sunglasses: :+1:

my text said it would be here by Friday (text received yesterday) it didn’t give a tracking no ,just a link ,the link connected me to dhl site with tracking info…
Anyhoos my gt arrived this morning ,all pristine,nice shiny reflector , well centred led ,& perfect anno, :smiley:
It’s a smaller than I expected it to be ,
Thanks giggles team, I’m one of the few who didn’t moan & whinge ,= patients pays off its well worth waiting for , thank you again.

Anyone on the US side get any tracking info yet?

Same here, arrived today in The Netherlands by DHL express. Perfectly packed. No batteries or bag, only GT and short tube like I ordered. And……no taxes:)
Too bad I won’t be home before this Saturday….

Thank you very much for everyone involved!!