[PART 2] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Closed, but Public sales open!

For those, like Kingjohn, wondering on what to get to flash firmware to their drivers.

I’ve been posting answers to this on reddit for awhile now

But here are a few links to what you need for around $4+/-

Is that a typo TA?? Did you mean “2nd”?? <span class=““3nd” not”>

Opps, my bad, yes 2nd.

Started charging the batteries late last night……only 2 left to go……then the FUN Begins!!

:+1:

It would be great if they put the GT bag and lense cap cover out there too(amazon) I still need to order those.

All three lights showed up today.
Wife called me F’n stupid. :smiley:

I’m planning to pick up my GT from the post office tomorrow morning. Do I need to run it in with the reflector/glass removed to burn off any excess flux, or is this a non-issue now? I remember reading a post from an earlier lot where initial power-up made some smoke. I’d hate to immediately foul up the new light.

I did not do this and I haven’t had any issues so far, got it yesterday

I think 99% of all the buyers don’t take the head off to check for excess flux. Plus there have been zero reports of anybody’s reflector actually getting smoked up and needing to be replaced. If this did happen and your reflector got ruined, Lumintop would be obligated to send a replacement reflector to you.

It certainly doesn’t hurt to put the lower part of the head, what we call the light engine, into a padded vice and then twist the larger, upper proportion of the head loose. One person might be able to do it, but two people twisting on it would probably be better. Once it’s been loosened, it’s easy to just thread off the entire head and reflector assembly and set it aside. Then you can check under the black centering ring for excess flux. If there is some, just wipe it off, then you can put it all back together and not have any worries about it.

Thanks JasonWW. That puts the issue in perspective and my concerns to rest. I’ll probably skip the disassembly.

Got my light today and all I can say is wow!

if i were to contact DHL on behalf of my order how do i specify my exact order if i don’t have any info pertaining to it?

They just asked me the Name and Dest Zip

I ordered mine today. I guess I might get a tracking number, but might not. I am not going to try contacting Neil or anyone else for anything. I think the best bet is to sit tight and let the process run. Seems like it is has done alright so far without my intervention.

Delivery to my apartment can be a problem, because the door to my building is locked and there is no one there to open it for deliveries. Usually the delivery people manage to get into the building. I wish I had a way to coordinate this with dhl. I am not worried, just saying what my situation is.

When did you place your order?

My fiancee looked at mine tailstanding next to the lamp on the night stand and said “good Lord that thing is almost as big as the lamp”, rolled her eyes and walked out to the other room :smiley:

I like this!! :+1: … :slight_smile:

Many times you will receive a text message from DHL at least 24 hours before delivery…. especially here in the USA. There are options for alternative delivery destinations and/or other arrangements.

Batch 3. April 19th. I was able to call DHL about a week after the order. I think the shipping label was made around April 28th. Light shipped on May 4th and was here on the 7th

Hi Jason, My SV2 chargers are fairly new. I have used them around 8 times or so to charge up my KeepPower protected cells. Never had any issues with them!

Here is what I did after I had charged the first (4) Samsung INR18650-35E batteries:

I made sure that all connections were cleaned on both chargers and batteries. My A/C voltage measured at 115V. I pluged both chargers to same outlet. Setting the output current to 1A on chargers, I took a reading with my Fluke 177 DMM on the voltage output of each charger. I also marked each charger as A and B. The voltage reading for charger (A) was 4.925V and charger (B) was 4.885V. This is with no batteries in slots!

I then took a voltage reading on the (4) other batteries that I was getting ready to charge. One battery measured 3.552V and the other (3) were identical at 3.551V. I then placed the batteries in both chargers. The charger indicated that all (4) batteries were at 14% and the voltage reading was at 3.61V with batteries connected and charging.

As of now, charger (A) is showing left battery at 47% with 3.831V being pushed on that battery, and right side is showing 50% with 3.843V being pushed on that cell.

Charger (B) is showing left cell at 51% with 3.857V and right cell is at 53% with 3.866V being pushed on battery.

I’ll take some more measurements when the batteries are at around 98%

I also took another measurement of the first set of (4) batteries that were charged up last night and here are the readings: 4.08V, 4.093V, 4.164V, and 4.172V