[PART 2] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Closed, but Public sales open!

My wife doesn’t understand but she’s happy that I’m happy.

My wife figures it’s cheaper than whiskey and gambling…

I haven’t had much time to play with the light yet

because we sold our shop / building and need to have

it empty of it’s 1000’s of contents by Thursday for the closing

but I did take it out to a huge farm field out back last night

to show the wife unit,….

and even she was impressed

( I would guesstimate the field to be nearly 1/2 mile in length)

it easily illuminates trees far across the field like it is daylight

I also think that the beam’s tint looks great

to my eye it does not at all appear amber

like it does in some beam shot vids online

I am 110% pleased with this light!

@Ratus

@JasonWW

Thanks to both of you for your valuable info on how to program a flashlight.

I’ve made some orders now.
Let’s see how this will go…
I have 4 BLF A6,3 BLF Q8 and 2 GTs here now.
I probably will start with a Q8, once all tools are delivered…

@JasonWW
Regarding the flickering and the open contact on my latest GT:
I was swapping the carrier’s between the GTs and the problem followed the carrier’s…
So a head issue was ruled out…

I later found out, that the problem is one of my sets of 30Qs, that seem to have bottoms, that are not top enough for the latest battery carrier… :wink:

I’ve afterwards only swapped the batteries between the GTs (and changed the carrier’s back to the original setup) and the problem was (mostly) gone…
Maybe I will use some magnets or I will remove the security PCB all along, to have more battery options in the future…

Battery Carrier Question….

Can someone please confirm for me that the arrow on the battery carrier should point to the front of the light when inserting it in the tube?

I was so excited to open the GT, after DHL’s delivery debacle, I didn’t take a close look at the orientation of the battery carrier.

Also a big thank you to the GT team! All I can say is WOW!!!

Yep, the “button top” of the carrier points towards the head, just like you are used to.

…and Yes the arrows on the carrier post point towards the head.

Have you tried tightenin the screws on the battery carriers? Does the positive button spring up and down well?

Are you thinking one of your button tops isn’t high enough and making a solid connection?

Where did you get your 30Q’s from? Do they have a large diameter button top or small diameter?

if ya put the carriers in backwards
the light beam will shine out the back of the light :student:

I did that before… lol… i thought ingot a defective light.

Has anyone ever used an automotive ceramic paint coating on their lights? I coated my GT this afternoon with a ceramic coating product I had sitting around since last fall. It definitely makes the GT anodizing look great, and I’m sure once fully cured will add some level of additional abrasion resistance.

Are you talking about paint with ceramic in it?
Or a ceramic finish that is baked on?
The only type of finish I’ve seen anybody put on the GT is Vinh over at Skylumen who uses cerakote.

$125 bucks!

This is actually a ceramic nano coating that is applied in liquid form and cures. There’s a very good explanation of the product in the link.

That purple GT looks flipping awesome though!

My GT is perfect (except a couple small spots on the reflector, but don’t make a diff). But now I need two more. Where is the next best place to get some?

Thanks again to the team for all their hard efforts.

Oh, that purple/blue GT…that’s awesome, I want.

@ JasonWW

Jason, going back to THIS POST , did you ever do what you mentioned in the last paragraph??

If you did, what were the results please??

Thank you sir…… :+1: … :slight_smile:

No, I have not messed with it since then.

OK…. thank you for the speedy reply Jason.

Maybe I’ll do it in the future. I think I need 20 meters to get an accurate reading so I’d have to find a good location to do that.

I understand. Sounds good…. :+1: . :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting this link. I just heard about this stuff a couple of days ago, but knew nothing about it & had no info on it.

You solved that problem!! Thanks again…… :+1: … :beer: