***PAY HERE Eagle Eye X6 Heatsinks (Triple & Quads)(CLOSED)

I was surprised by that too. I actually sanded the inside of the host instead of the mcpcb.

I am glad to see you have started to use Ledil quads now.

I am very curious to what kind of throw you get with the 11 degree quad optic & the V6 1A, could you test that? I plan to use the V6 3A & i suspect those are a tiny bit less lumens per led because of the thicker phosphor. But 4500 lumens out of the Ledil quad sound very nice :slight_smile:

What do you think of using the ebay 6A switch in the X6, do you think it would fit? For a little extra robustness & a bit more performance.

I received mine and they are perfect fit!!

But my Noctigon mcpcb is too large, is this normal?

Yes, the 32 is a tad bigger than the opening and the sink.

I just did a 7 X6 shootout, should have borrowed my dad’s stock one for comparison…didn’t think about that. My weakest one is 2222 lumens. :slight_smile:

I’m about to put up a thread showing pics of each and their lumens immediately before the pic was taken. I’ll link to it when I get that done here directly.

Check out my X6 Shootout! :slight_smile:

7 Eagle Eye X6’s, none the same. 3 Quads, 2 Triples, an MT-G2 and an XHP70. All with varying heat sink material and optics. Lowest is 2222 lumens, highest is 5554. Yeah, 5500 lumens from an X6. Nuts huh? :stuck_out_tongue:

10x for your effort man, when my stuff ariive i will torment you with questions :bigsmile:

Interesting, whats the XHP70 modded X6 runtime at max?( the safe one)

The head of the light gets really hot, really fast. Battery run time really doesn’t come into play until you’ve played with it a while. “The safe one” ??? I have it where it can run on 2 18350’s or 2 18650’s. The 2 bigger cells give, of course, the maximum light. (And maximum heat)

This one really isn’t very practical. Fun, but not practical. :slight_smile:

Nitro—My Quads and Triple arrived Saturday—good looking stuff-Thanks for getting that together for all of us

Glad u got them sorry it took awhile to get them done

Just wondering if this X6 Heatsink would fit a Convoy C8 I have lying around. The head is near identical in size. Maybe with some creative dremmeling?

My goodie box arrived and everything looks great! I couldn't be happier. Thanks, Nitro! :)

Hey guys I’m trying to decide on what modes would be good and need some advise, recommendations & opinions.

It will be a triple XP-L V6 3C with A17DD driver.

If 4 modes 25/50/75/100 then it could be considered 3 mode with turbo?

Not sure if I’d use the 25% on this light. Maybe 40/60/80/100 would be good?

I’m assuming 100% will create a lot of heat and only be able to use for short run time?
What would be the next lowest % that could be manageable for a longer run time?
What modes are some of you making these?

Thanks

You probably won’t even see the difference between 75% and 100. I have mine at 2, 20, 50, 100 and it is spaced very evenly.

The copper sink actually handles the heat very well. It takes over a minute for mine to get really hot. Mine is running at “only” 6 amps.

I have not had any problem running this 100% for long, the battery run out and the voltage sag way before it have been to hot.

But then i like it hot in the hand, if you would run it like a room light for some ceiling bounce it could possible get to hot, i don’t know.

Inside i mostly use it on low/medium, but when outside i only use it at full and i haven’t had any problem a new fresh battery can’t fix :wink:
I will add that i has been winter here in Sweden, so it is possible this can change in the summer months, we’ll see :slight_smile:

Thanks pilotdog, BTW what driver do you have?

cajampa what driver and what modes % do you have it set at?

I am not sure exactly what % of the 4+turbo levels are, i bought a BLF17DD driver from ledsmoke.

I’m using wight’s FET+1 driver

Are you using ToyKeeper's A6 firmware? I haven't been able to find much info regarding firmware for Wight's FET+7135 driver but am hoping to attempt building some soon. At first glance, the A6 firmware seems a lot more complex than the unmodified STAR. Thanks.

I have used the A6 fw, but not on this one. Just regular STAR off-time