***PAY HERE Eagle Eye X6 Heatsinks (Triple & Quads)(CLOSED)

Well i think i do have some but im going to hold onto them/some just encase i mad a mistake with someone order, but ill do a count today and post what i have

Heatsink arrived today, installed it along with a triple XP-L V6 3D, BLF17DD and using a Sony VTC5. Wow!! What a light! Can’t believe how much power is coming out of such a small light! Thanks again Nitro for making this happen. I am stoked with mine.

I am loving having two polar opposite set ups with these lights. This triple monster which has a huge amount of flood and a de-domed 1A emitter in the other one with a 4A driver for a very nice little thrower.

I really like that V6 3D combination in these, for me it’s a perfect light. :slight_smile:

Shame that 3D isn’t more readily available.

With those 2 lights clipped on your belt or in pockets, you can be using a nice handful of light and when the situation demands it, BAM! Daylight! lol

Ain’t this one heck of a place to be? Love this forum! :bigsmile:

Yeah agree :slight_smile: all those who aren’t here are missing out on the nicest corner of the web :smiley:

Messing around with yet another Eagle Eye X6 build, I made a discovery. The Ledil Angie 34mm Quad not only fits very nicely into the X6, but it fits over XM-L’s without de-doming them! :slight_smile:

I made 4 copper discs that fit into the head of the light, about the same thickness as a 32mm Noctigon, reflowed them together and modified 4 20mm stars to use with the optic. The mailman has my heat sinks, a copper sink under my new spacer will allow me to finish this awesome quad XP-L build. The individual TIR’s in the optic are about twice the diameter of the ones in the 24mm optic, the hot spot is semi-large and well controlled, with a much lesser spill area surrounding it. Not sure how this fits over the XP-L’s, as it was designed to be an 11º optic for XP-E emitters. lol

So now we have the Ledil CUTE-3 SS that fits the XP-L, and the Angie S Quad that also fits. Nice to find this out on the heels of getting a custom 24mm Quad heat sink made, huh? :stuck_out_tongue:

Here, i just have a full cache of X6 thats waiting to be modded… :bigsmile:

So DBCstm, dig for more pls

Btw, I have a feeling they use best cores for XPLs nowadays, even compared with IOS U3 1A

In 35mm there’s also the cute-4 optic and gt-4 XP series. The gt series is only 8-9 mm tall but is really only good at flood.

Just finished the Angie X6. With nearly 3/4” of copper under the emitters, it’s pulling 14.5A and making 4312.5 lumens in Turbo from a rested LG HE-2 cell. Moon is a miserly 0.38 lumens. This one has the FET+1 driver, complete with backing function and hidden strobe, battery check.

4300 lumen strobe in a small X6. Oh Yeah!

I got my sinks today! Sweeet stuffffffff! :slight_smile: I put a copper quad into the head of a light I’ve had ready to go, it was too tight, had to pound it in…. wish I’d been a little more patient!

Sorry to hear that dale that it did not fit :( i had some that fit perfect and some little to large

I love how it fit! Super tight, excellent heat transfer.

And it needs it, at 4578 lumens!!!

I engraved it DB Custom on one side

X6Q4578 on the other, with BLF Special Edition above the bolder letters, ’15 in the upper right corner, and in the lower left corner I put W/TK for Wight’s driver and ToyKeepers firmware. :slight_smile:

It looks cool and now I won’t forget what it is. lol

Pics or it didn’t happen

Got my x6 heat sinks, xp32 Noctigon, optics and a17dd-s08 drivers from Nitro this past week. :bigsmile: Thanks Nitro!!

Also have triple V6 3D emitters mounted on the xp32 ready, along with the x6 host.

Now, got to take time to build it :smiley:

Question for other builders following this thread - for those who are using the A17DD-S08 single sided driver, how do you plan to make the battery positive terminal contact with the driver for handling higher currents? Will you use a spring? Will you solder a brass contact to the driver? Will use only button top batteries to make contact directly with the driver’s copper?

Thanks!

I just used a copper braided spring in mine.

On another note. Has anyone else found their XP32 board didn’t fit in the X6 head? I had to file mine down quite a bit. Sorry if this was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Yea in this thread and on another (Dale) pointed that out sorry if i did not add it to the OP

No worries. I just wasn’t sure if mine was different for some reason. It didn’t take long with a dremel anyway.

Yes, I had said from the start that the Noctigon is 32mm and the inside dia. of the X6 head is 31.7mm. Not a big deal, only takes a few minutes and is well worth it.

I said above that the quad made 4578 lumens. That’s the Quad I built with the Ledil Optic, the Quad with the Carclo optic makes 3818 lumens. The big copper quad sink is using XP-L V6 2C de-domed, while the bigger Ledil optic on my stack of copper discs and triple heat sink is using XP-L V6 1A emitters…domed. Thought I should clarify that. The bigger 34mm Ledil allows the domes to stay on, so there’s no de-doming losses x4.

I use a short brass post, just barely long enough to clear the retaining ring. Thinking about getting some copper bar stock for this, for an even better connection. And bypassing the pcb at the switch is an absolute must in a full out mod like these. 12-14A is serious bidness!

I was surprised by that too. I actually sanded the inside of the host instead of the mcpcb.

I am glad to see you have started to use Ledil quads now.

I am very curious to what kind of throw you get with the 11 degree quad optic & the V6 1A, could you test that? I plan to use the V6 3A & i suspect those are a tiny bit less lumens per led because of the thicker phosphor. But 4500 lumens out of the Ledil quad sound very nice :slight_smile:

What do you think of using the ebay 6A switch in the X6, do you think it would fit? For a little extra robustness & a bit more performance.

I received mine and they are perfect fit!!

But my Noctigon mcpcb is too large, is this normal?

Yes, the 32 is a tad bigger than the opening and the sink.