People deleting their old comments -why?

So you think there is at least one thing wrong. You can’t feel that “absolutely nothing” is wrong if you also feel that it can have a negative connotation AND felt enough to question another member’s use of it.

Also, why would you edit my post? I wrote “kreisl” not “kreisler”. Why would you try to put words in my mouth?

Is this one of those logic arguments? Did B42 put you up to this? Personally, I think people should say whatever they wish, so I think there is nothing wrong with you calling someone a troll. On the other hand, I don’t think that in this case the term is completely accurate. They’re not mutually exclusive notions.

As for correcting how you spelled Kreisler, I was just trying to help. Often times I misspell words in a post, or make a grammar error, and then it gets quoted- and it really bothers me after the fact. Of course, I can always correct my error in my post, but never in the post where I’ve been quoted. It’s a character flaw on my part that I worry about things like this. I just figured I’d save you the worry. Call it a projection on my part, since you clearly don’t worry about such things. If it really bothers you, I will change it back.

I also don’t think I was putting words in your mouth. Regardless of the spelling, we are referring to the same person, aren’t we?

I know in my case, several people have deleted comments around various posts by me, so it looks like I am making nonsensical remarks about nonexistent comments. I kinda like it though. Makes me look even more like a raving lunatic than I am! :wink:

Please try not to project or assume. And please try not to “correct” people when there is no need for it.

You assumed Helios meant something negative when he didn’t. And you assumed my spelling was an error which it wasn’t.

“kreisl” is one of many playful names that kreisler has called himself. He has used it time and again (just as he has called himself a benign troll time and again).

By changing the spelling from “kreisl” to “kreisler” you robbed my post of a small fraction of playfulness that was originally intended, something that I think kreisler would have recognized.

Fair enough, Rojos. You point is well taken. Don’t let me ruin your whole weekend.

For the record, I was not assuming Helious meant something negative when he used the word Troll. In fact, I don’t think you meant anything negative either. But there have been many occasions where the more serious members of this forum have derided the class clowns and I was speaking to that point generally. Did I use your words as a jumping off point, sure. Didn’t realize that would bother you.

My only point is that those of us who’s humor has gone a stray from time to time, are still members here. And while I won’t speak for Kreisler, I will say that when I have something useful to say, I do say it. It’s not all tomfoolery on my end.

In the words of a great (Scottish) comedian :

‘Why not?’

© Arnold Brown

That. is. Horrible.

Why would you inflict that upon us?
That was a very unfriendly troll.

I’ve had this song stuck in my head for days. >.<

My friend thinks her current muse must be cocaine. S)

I found it hard to disagree after she linked that.

Have you heard her new song? It’s quite sad. She must have broken up. ;_;

I have now. ^ _ ^
Sad. And without another of her videos I’m free from the pain of burning eyes! I can actually hear the song!
Does she write her own songs though?

This version is better :slight_smile:

Guess what.

Chicken butt.

Some say that it’s useful and even healthy to have the ability to delete your own posts. I would agree. After all, who hasn’t said something to someone and later regretted it and wished it could be taken back? And in the magic world of BLF we can do that… Mostly. :slight_smile:

Some say that bizarre humour, witty repartee and the freedom to express it are a big part of what makes BLF so engaging and unique. I would agree wholeheartedly. Some of the best time I’ve had here has been spent enjoying the quick witted antics of my fellow BLFers. More than once it has brought me to tears. :smiley:

Others have argued that the person who is best known for deleting his posts is a respected member of the community and has contriubuted enough to it that we should chalk it up to his eccentricity and just enjoy it. :~

I have to admit that I think the on-going, systematic and deliberate deletion of your own posts is a childish form of attention seeking. I can’t think of any other reason for it. I doubt he has written offensive comments in all, or even a few, of his deleted posts. After the first few times the humour, if any, has worn off - a joke once heard is seldom funny the second time. So what is left then? Just the annoyance factor. :frowning:

Are they the same person? I was wondering why Dinoboy disappeared…
Gosh i missed him…
:stuck_out_tongue:

Are you kidding? :)

I created this thread the day you joined BLF:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/7478