Pepsi - Frito-Lay finally gets the message

I’ll bet that is their intention. The Pepsico outfits have seen the error of their ways. They know it is in your better interest to eat a balanced diet of greens and grains. They were just teasing you with those fudgy things.

They clearly want to fool you into thinking you’re getting more in the package then you really are . The big hump in the bottom of the bottles or packaging isn’t just for strength. I just saw 6.5 ounces on chips the other day . It would be sneaky if everyone wasn’t doing it . I’m still trying to get over ice cream going from 2 Quarts to 1.5 quarts.or Kroger bulk carrots gong from 50 cents a pound to a buck .

1 Thank

That’s something I also noticed. All the big fast food chains have also lost me as a regular customer. The price hikes were just too much. I’d rather get some asian take away or pizza if I want something ready to eat.

I was going to get some Fritos or Crunchy Cheetos from Walmart, but they were way too expensive.
I plan to get some generic Crunchy Cheetos from Aldi.
If I don’t like the generic Cheetos (from Aldi), I think I’ll just go without. :money_mouth_face:

Other than for products that are regulated/mandated/essential for life, we as consumers can choose to buy or not. Sellers can charge whatever they want for their products or package them in any size/quantity that they want to. If we don’t like it then the simple solution is not to buy. Not to make light of things but it’s not as if not having chips/soda/etc is going to affect one’s health (although it will in a positive manner :hugs:).

Consumers naturally see things from their side of the street, but if companies don’t make a profit then they won’t be around to produce their goods.

I’m not arguing that some companies don’t take advantage of consumers but I don’t think it’s as often as many people think.

1 Thank

Point taken.

My original OP was really just a good example of how companies use a “Wink and a Nod” to the rest of the field that “We’re gonna stick it to them, saddle up and let’s Ride”

If you remember when Pepsi/Frito announced that they were raising prices, they also said they are going to continue to raise them. This is troubling due to the fact that they did not know for certain of Diesel prices were going to continue to rise (Which they did not) and that is a big factor in profit margin.
If you bought it, a truck brought it.

This wink and nod has always been a hallmark of the oil industry as well. They never need to get in a room together, they just send signals.

Free marketplace and capitalism is general dictates the supreme rule;
“What the Market will Bear”
The underlying effect is consumers need to harness their buying power and Yes, knowing when to say Effyou to getting shafted. When that finally shows itself it makes me all warm and fuzzy at least for the moment :slight_smile:

Gives me hope.

P.S. I live in Amish country and for decades you could save a decent amount of coin buying from the roadside stands in front of the farms.
Now, they shop the mainstream grocery stores and price right near/same where they are at. Once the price has been set on lets say peaches, all the stands will be very close in price. Does this stop me from buying from them. Ell No because they are my neighbors and you will never get fresher produce than you will there. And my money stays local. That means more to me than price.

Peace Out and have a good week to all!