Photobucket images broken, $399 a year!

Oops, wait a minute. I saw Imgur, when it’s really imageshack. My bad.

Will ‘wget’ work for ya?

What does wget or site rippers do for you, exactly?

You point to the base page where you want to start pigging everything in site, and optionally supply a maximum depth.

It grabs that page and saves it. If that page links to 5 others, it goes and grabs’n’saves those 5 pages as well, and just like the shampoo commercial, “and so on… and so on… and so on…”.

If each page has one of your pix, you start from your own base page, and if you have links from there (eg, a next-pic button), it’ll go through your entire collection and grab it all.

That’s the raw content, though. If you want to rename according to some format, that’s up to you to do later. But at least you have the content.

Oh, and it’s generally limited to the same site only, so if you go off linking to some other site, it generally won’t follow that link, but I think you can tell it otherwise (’though proceed with caution if so, unless you got a really big HD.

For those inclined to repair some of your PB broken links in your posts.
I have Right clicked on top of the broken PB image (I use Chrome) to open in new tab. Yes, you will now be on the PB site to view the image. At least you will be able to see the missing image and get the file name to make the corrections.

This also works if you want to see broken PB images in other posts.

https://www.reddit.com/r/imguralternatives/comments/3nyab4/a_spotlight_of_the_best/

Regardless of what you end up using, remember to use at least one mirror.
Personally I’ve got a bad feeling about imageshack. Apart from them littering countless forums with ads, subscription based services can go bankrupt just as well as ad based ones. PicR seems nice but prone to abuse (entirely donation based).

Ive switched to flickr. You get 1 TB of photo storage for free. The upload process took a little while to get used to, and getting to the actual image url can take a few extra clicks, but for occasional image posting on various forums it’s fine.

I tried HTTrack which is usually good for site copying but it failed.

This pisses me off at not just Photobucket, but here, too. I now have no way of uploading any images since we don’t host them.

Imgur.com is highly recommended, though I prefer Abload.de

Remember that hosting images would be very expensive for SB. So unless we users are willing to step up and cover that cost, it’s not a realistic option.

I did ask sb this very option awhile ago about hosting images and we could chip in the costs and he said he would look into it. I guess he is still looking into at as I never heard back.

there are site which you can use to replace photobucket, and mostly all of good similar sites are already mention here. still some of are missing. So i will like to share here all of best sites for image sharing here https://toptenalternatives.co/imgur/
i usually like to prefer sites like Flickr, deviantart to share my work, because they are free and secure. What i need more

Bump on BOO to photobucket.

I forgot to mention this earlier. There are browser extension out that will allow you to see the images instead of the generic PB place holder.

Just Google Photobucket fix. Hopefully PB has not changed their coding to counter these add ons.

Thanks for this.

I just installed a Chrome extension that might fix the problem.

I personally have been trying to fix my broken PB pic links as I come across them. A lot of time invested doing it but getting there.
So far google photos has been working for me.

Mac users may have problems with Google Photos. I really wanted to make Google work, but no success. Flickr so far has been great.

Yup. I’ve found a FireFox addon that fixes this, however, I’m a bit concerned about privacy because it asks for access to all your browser data… :frowning:

So I’m in good shape with my PhotoBucket images until November (the $399 doesn’t hit me until next renewal cycle which I will NOT be doing), but I’m finally getting around to downloading and migrating my PhotoBucket galleries/images. I noticed today that they removed the “Download Album” link that used to be there! Ugh! So the best solution I’ve found is to spend $1.99 on an extension for Chrome that is working pretty well. It doesn’t handle videos nor sub-folders, but I can deal with that.

I’m not going to go back and fix most image links unless asked. I will update links in my “My Bike Lights” thread as that’s the most important thread to me :slight_smile: . I’ve chosen to go with Flickr as Photobucket’s replacement (I waffled back and forth between many options and just finally had to make a decision).

-Garry