Photobucket images broken, $399 a year!

I am using this for 2 years now and its great !!

Abload.de has financial crisis, Users aren’t donating enough, they sent out such notices a month ago
They’ll be gone sooner or later

I got a notice from Photobucket a couple of weeks after I closed my account. Shows how screwed up they are.

I signed up for free. Are you paying them?

That was my secondary host, now promoted. Time to find a new secondary.

I certainly hope not.

Can you provide a link?

I've been using Abload for years, and I would hate for them to go away.

I too closed my photobucket account last week, and told them to- “beep beep*

I’d close mine too if there was a WORKING method to download other than one image at a time. Unfortunately album downloads don’t work. When I try I receive the email message but even seconds after receiving the message following the link leads to a page stating ‘download no longer available’. There’s no way I’m downloading them one at a time. Time to go medieval and find a site ripper.

Well, the last months I have been using PB for free as a picture host. Then I got a notice I had to pay dearly for that. But I also was kindly invited to keep on using PB as storage for my stuff. What use/purpose is there for PB to let me use their data-storage while this data is just sitting there. Or is it that entities who’s name shall not be named, are interested in the data I have?
As for cleaning my account: I had not used it very long. So I did a quick scan of what was stored on PB compared with what was stored on my PC. And did a mass delete. And now it is empty. I did not want to give them the satisfaction of me closing my account.

Now I’m using Imgur. With a backup on my PC plus at least one backup at a secundary drive.
As I stated somewhere before: it takes some adjustment. The last days I have to make coffee before or after I up/down-load something from Imgur. With PB I could do that, without rushing, while I was up/down-loading.

I spoke to ltp tonight and yes he is paying them. Had some sort of 50% of deal going. He was supposed to send me a link but as yet he hasn’t.

going to get a multi quote going.
when I went back last night my free tria had expired and they had a offer to upgrade for 18.99$ usd
so I thought what the heck if that’s all it costs.

This is bad, I understand they want to change rules or whatever, but applying new rules to existing content is just bad!! They change rules, ok, but old contents should be still available. Company that forces new policy on past things (e.g., grandfather law) should go to hell, I wonder if they actually could be held liable for restricting access to old contents. Hmm…

Unfortunately for a number of years companies have been revising ‘user agreements’ and ‘terms of service’ at-will and including phrases like ‘continued use of services contitutes agreement by the user to abide by these changes’. This was the method used by netzero and juno to transition from “free unlimited internet for life’ to ‘free what?’ and has expanded unhindered since.

Oops, wait a minute. I saw Imgur, when it’s really imageshack. My bad.

Will ‘wget’ work for ya?

What does wget or site rippers do for you, exactly?

You point to the base page where you want to start pigging everything in site, and optionally supply a maximum depth.

It grabs that page and saves it. If that page links to 5 others, it goes and grabs’n’saves those 5 pages as well, and just like the shampoo commercial, “and so on… and so on… and so on…”.

If each page has one of your pix, you start from your own base page, and if you have links from there (eg, a next-pic button), it’ll go through your entire collection and grab it all.

That’s the raw content, though. If you want to rename according to some format, that’s up to you to do later. But at least you have the content.

Oh, and it’s generally limited to the same site only, so if you go off linking to some other site, it generally won’t follow that link, but I think you can tell it otherwise (’though proceed with caution if so, unless you got a really big HD.

For those inclined to repair some of your PB broken links in your posts.
I have Right clicked on top of the broken PB image (I use Chrome) to open in new tab. Yes, you will now be on the PB site to view the image. At least you will be able to see the missing image and get the file name to make the corrections.

This also works if you want to see broken PB images in other posts.

https://www.reddit.com/r/imguralternatives/comments/3nyab4/a_spotlight_of_the_best/

Regardless of what you end up using, remember to use at least one mirror.
Personally I’ve got a bad feeling about imageshack. Apart from them littering countless forums with ads, subscription based services can go bankrupt just as well as ad based ones. PicR seems nice but prone to abuse (entirely donation based).

Ive switched to flickr. You get 1 TB of photo storage for free. The upload process took a little while to get used to, and getting to the actual image url can take a few extra clicks, but for occasional image posting on various forums it’s fine.