Photobucket images broken, $399 a year!

I tried HTTrack which is usually good for site copying but it failed.

This pisses me off at not just Photobucket, but here, too. I now have no way of uploading any images since we don’t host them.

Imgur.com is highly recommended, though I prefer Abload.de

Remember that hosting images would be very expensive for SB. So unless we users are willing to step up and cover that cost, it’s not a realistic option.

I did ask sb this very option awhile ago about hosting images and we could chip in the costs and he said he would look into it. I guess he is still looking into at as I never heard back.

there are site which you can use to replace photobucket, and mostly all of good similar sites are already mention here. still some of are missing. So i will like to share here all of best sites for image sharing here https://toptenalternatives.co/imgur/
i usually like to prefer sites like Flickr, deviantart to share my work, because they are free and secure. What i need more

Bump on BOO to photobucket.

I forgot to mention this earlier. There are browser extension out that will allow you to see the images instead of the generic PB place holder.

Just Google Photobucket fix. Hopefully PB has not changed their coding to counter these add ons.

Thanks for this.

I just installed a Chrome extension that might fix the problem.

I personally have been trying to fix my broken PB pic links as I come across them. A lot of time invested doing it but getting there.
So far google photos has been working for me.

Mac users may have problems with Google Photos. I really wanted to make Google work, but no success. Flickr so far has been great.

Yup. I’ve found a FireFox addon that fixes this, however, I’m a bit concerned about privacy because it asks for access to all your browser data… :frowning:

So I’m in good shape with my PhotoBucket images until November (the $399 doesn’t hit me until next renewal cycle which I will NOT be doing), but I’m finally getting around to downloading and migrating my PhotoBucket galleries/images. I noticed today that they removed the “Download Album” link that used to be there! Ugh! So the best solution I’ve found is to spend $1.99 on an extension for Chrome that is working pretty well. It doesn’t handle videos nor sub-folders, but I can deal with that.

I’m not going to go back and fix most image links unless asked. I will update links in my “My Bike Lights” thread as that’s the most important thread to me :slight_smile: . I’ve chosen to go with Flickr as Photobucket’s replacement (I waffled back and forth between many options and just finally had to make a decision).

-Garry

I have/had a couple hundred pictures over on PB and moved most of the good ones over to Flickr, with a little bit of effort. I cleaned up some posts with PB pictures, but only a fraction of the whole.

Oh well.

Chris

If anyone is able to use CLI there is no need to purchase apps or extensions.

Here is a write-up how to download existing albums

BTW, this works on any album that is public, not just your own.

I downloaded loads of albums already.

The $1.99 was well worth it. No messing around with coding, batch commands, whatever. (And BTW, at that link they say it doesn’t work any longer.) The extension adds a download album button while browsing each album. It’s a simple click of that button to download all photos in that album. So simple anyone of any tech level can do it.

-Garry

Apologies, didn’t mean to put down any 1-click solutions, apps or widgets. I understand that time/effort and hassle is something not everyone wants to deal with (and honestly, neither do I).

The solution I linked above works as of 3 hours ago (it was updated, I guess) and is only intended for our users who are willing to spend a few mintes with the CLI. It is by no means a solution that is done with a click of a button.

Picasa didnt disappear, just a rename, or whatever it is Google does. If Google goes under we’ll have more to worry about than pictures.

I just transferred over to Flickr and they have now been acquired by SmugMug! Seems Flickr URL’s are remaining the same though.

-Garry

Photobucket holding pics for Ransom. I switched ever thing over to Imgur a few months back.
Working great at the moment.