Photobucket images broken, $399 a year!

I haven’t noticed any of my old pictures disappearing yet. I’m not sure what other website owners would think of this, but I wish they could just implement ads attached to the bottom of your images to keep it free. If they used some kind of algorithm to identify objects in the pictures they could show ads pertaining to that. Preferably not overlaid on the image, and not attached when someone tries to download the image though.

I created a shared folder in google photos. Does this work?

Edit: I signed out of my google account and I’m still able to see my image. I’m assuming you can all see it now.

Yep, works. Oh, that URL… :confounded: And just to think that Google’s search engine crawler punishes sites that use “dirty” URLs with ?q= style parameters…

Do as we say, not as we do.

Thanks, The Google Team

:smiley:

So it works when you go to shared albums, left click to expand picture, than right click on wanted picture + copy image location and than paste but link is loooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggggggg :slight_smile: So when doing extensive post you could lost in google links :slight_smile: But it works :+1:

Hello LI
I can see the dedomed first pic but I can’t see the second pic in your post #167

GP is functional and easier than trying to navigate the ad popups in PB.
Been trying to download more p[ics from PB but have been unsuccessful for over a week. They sure aren’t making it easy… holding my pics ransom.

I hear ya. This is why I have all my pictures backed up on external hard drives, and on google drive. I never fully trusted Photobucket or any of the other photo hosting services.

Yes you are right… Second picture disappeared. I also dont see it any more. I guess google is not that good as I thought. I will not use it.

Another test to see if it will disappear again:

Well this morning I noticed my oics are no longer working. I guess they were just slowly rolling it out.

Just one folder I want anymore from PB. Have backups but would rather have them as named on PB to possibly repair some links in threads.
Home Theater PC has 3 hot swap able HD bays and another 12TB movie server box. 2X 1TB internals and SSD. There is always a 2TB in the hot swap copying the internals. Occasionally I slip in another for copy for the third redundant backup, a couple times a year. That drive stays disconnected otherwise. Laptops and phone occasionally get a dump of the general storage folders on the home network to the theater PC. Copies within the HTPC are automatic as is the third redundant when it get initialized.

I have a firearms folder on there too and that album will not even attempt to proceed with a download. That folder does not even show a picture count from library and it just tells me there are no downloadable files… GIFs and videos need to be downloaded separately. It does show pics when opened and will display individual pics when clicked. I find that amusing.

If you can open individual pictures and PB does not allow download maybe you can fireshot them or capture the photo manually.

I think when “right click > view image” works you can download it too with “right click > save image as”.

One folder I wanted to get has 604 images “Misc” folder and 2 sub folders. I have deleted the 2 sub folders and finally got it to download.
So if you have albums with sub albums… Download the sub albums and delete them. Continue with downloading the upper tier album folders.

Laughed at the firearms album BS and just deleted that one.

Just gotta check a few more Old albums and should NEVER have to go back. Considered deleting everything (10,000 pics) but why save them the space? Especially if I can not delete my account. Will look into that…

Now it looks like Imgur is overloaded :weary:

This happens once in a while, it’s quite common.
Don’t worry about it because most of the time you can just refresh the page and it’s fine again.
Rarely does it last more than a few minutes.

Gee, how thoughtful. About an hour ago I received a notification from photobucket that features on my account will be disabled. It would have been nice if they had sent it BEFORE making the changes.

Same here.

Edit: In the meantime the @#&-ers have zapped in the “What you got today”-thread the picture of the awesome O-L Hand Made Tribute light made by CRX. They should not have done that! That issue will be addressed first thing next morning (OK it is already morning, I mean later today after some sleep and some coffee).

Edit2: Well, at least this post/picture has been taken care of (now on Imgur)

just signed up with imageshack seems ok reasonable charges