Please give me a good reason not to drop $100+ on a Spark headlamp.

Ah I see, I thought you were talking about at home.

Not really the same thing but my bathroom light keeps blowing over and over with in minutes of putting in a new one, the land lord wont fix it.

Now when its night time I'll usually just tail stand a flashlight in there while I shower.

You can’t have too many headlamps :slight_smile:

Even if my head isn't big enough!

I agree.....

Do it!

I did..

Looks like you get to add another one on your head. (Actually I should have posted this pic when you first asked to talk you out of it and said it was proof you didn't need anymore.)

(Originally posted by Don here.)

-Garry

which one did you go for Don

i got a ZL H600 for my xmas it is the biggest headlight i have ( 18650 ) and by far the brightest 750 lm on turbo

look forward to hearing what the sparks is like

Barrie

You want a good reason..... Something better will be just round the corner

Best argument yet! Good excuse never to buy anything too.

Pity it was a bt too late :bigsmile:

i use mine for work and its been dependable. use the diffuser to light up a bigger area in front. st6 is more flexible as you can use it for throw/with diffuser/without reflector. im sure youll like it.

I look forward to reading your findings Don!

7 headlamps!

Note the high intensity foot illuminator (That's an HS-802) of the right. For the headlamp that THROWS! Pity it is too heavy for the Ultrafire headband but it does mean you'll have severely well-lit feet.

Don't go out in the streets like that or you'll probably end at your own hospital caught in a conversation like this:

"But I do work here! I am part of the staff!"

"Yes, sir. It's alright, sir. Would you mind taking those pills, sir?"

If you have the extra dough and really want it then I can't think of any good reason not to get it. Go for it.

Hey, Don, could you comment on that silver 16LED headlamp, I see you have 2 of them, how good are they, whats the battery life, flood and illumination distance, intensity?
Ive found one for around 5$ online, it looks rather well built compared to other multi-led 5$ headlamps out there?

They might be well-built but they don't actually work! A friend dropped them off to see if I could get them to do anything. They use 3AAA cells in the usual nasty holder. I'd forgotten all about them till I found them when coating my lights at the weekend.

When thy reappear I'll take a look at their innards and see if they can be persuaded to work.

Edit: After some fiddling, I got them to work. The battery holder design is poor and the whole design of the light is asking for repeated and severe contact issues. Easy enough to fix but very, very annoying.

Ill be waiting for your report on how good they are :D!

It got shipped from Germany on Sunday allegedly - personally I suspect it went out this morning. About a week should see it here. Maybe even by Friday so some serious playing testing will be called for.

I was thinking of getting this light... but tell me, does it have overdischarge protection?