Please pick your top 5 knives from the list inside and tell us why you like them.

I noticed the sheepsfoot blade on the K505, too. However I am more inclined toward the SRM 702 to "book-end" the range of sizes for food use. The K505 looks nice in its own right, though it would interest me more if it were tip-up carry.

That 962 is sexy, if that term could be used to describe a knife - very sleek and long. But I must say the old gal 909, even with its big curves and profile, seems a little better handling to me.

I thought this was interesting. blackforestghost1 on YouTube conducts practical destructive testing with junky cheap knives.

FAKE-FOLDERS part 1 of 2

FAKE-FOLDERS part 2 of 2

I really enjoyed his humor, especially how he concluded part 2 or 2. Also check out the rest of his vids.

Luckily, the knives we've discussed will probably not suffer from any of the idiosyncrasies he's discovered in lesser knives.

I've seen these and a few others that he's done. What impresses me is how well they do stand up to his testing. I thought destroying the knives with the hammer was a bit over the top. I wonder if he is a dealer that thinks he is losing money to these fake knives. He sure is passionate about what he does!

Talking about over the top knife tests. ;-)

Cheaper Than Dirt fixed knife destruction videos Part 1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8

Not bad for 10 bucks.

"...these knives will get what they deserve..."

I was wondering why his porch, patio and picnic table were sharing in the abuse - until he let slip that his father was going to be pissed about the bench!

Got recently the 962 SRM and i like it very much. Being quite basketball tall i find it pretty nicely sized. :) Honestly i thought it would be just a little bigger but now i think it's perfect. The finish is top notch. Fits perfectly my medium/large hand.

Yeah. I liked it so much I bought a second one. With a little practice it can be opened very quickly too.

Boomhauer, did you order that Buck 768?

No, not yet. I still intend to, but it hasn't quite bubbled up to the top of my list. Feeling guinea piggish?

Nope, I was counting on you. But I am still interested, if it is really a SRM quality-wise. I would have to buy 2 of them , because the silver one isn't sold single on ali. (or at least not for a good price) If I could get one for 13.25... I might have ordered it, but the risk of buying 2 bad knives at once for 26.49 kept me from ordering it.

Knifeholic since I was born, lol :bigsmile: Only have 3 or 4 knives, but yeah, like them. Very nice post and collection. Perhaps will buy one (EDC). I like these:

Navy - K631, SRM - 730, Sanrenmu MC-962, Sanrenmu GB-763, Sanrenmu B4723, Ganzo - G704

You should start with the 962... almost sold out...great knife and great resell value in case you don't like it.

I just received my first box of 13 knives (Bee, SRM/Sanrenmu, Navy) and I'm seriously blown away by the quality for the price. I knew they were going to be good from all the comments left in other reviews but I wasn't expecting them to be this good. Not a single dud in the bunch. They're all really sharp, have very tight tollerences and are well crafted. I've decided to expand and now I have many more on the way, including a few for extreme abuse (just in case I decide to chop my wood with a knife when an axe is called for... yeah right!) When all is said and done, around 50 cutting, stabbing and bludgeoning instruments to cut my fingers with should show up in about a month or less.

Don't forget to search eBay for your deals. Many sellers are willing to combine shipping even when they don't advertise it. You can save BIG when you're not investing 50% of your money in shipping costs. Most are more than happy to toss it all in one box and be done with it. Also, use Google when you run across a knife that interests you. Many name brand knives are fit for the sledge hammer routine while some that you'd never guess are absolutely incredible buys for the money. Quality can change drastically overnight within the same model number so also Google to make sure the current knives being shipped or clogged in the supply chain haven't taken a nose dive in their quality and where to buy old or new stock depending on the quality. Many more SRM and Navy knives added as well as Browning, Colt, Cold Steel, United Cutlery, Condor Tool & Knife and a few others.

Does anyone own a Condor? I'm looking forward to taking these camping.

13 knives is quiet a bunch. Which ones?

My .02 cents... I just received the 962 as well as the Bee EL-01. The Bee is only slightly larger but of greater quality and design considerations. Its far easier to open and close and also much safer while doing it. The 962 would be far easier to cut yourself when comparing the two, both in opening and closing. lt also fits my medium sized hand much better and I have more control over the blade than the 962. Also, the Bee has a thicker longer taper to the blade that looks like it could take more abuse while still being able to cut food and other similar materials with ease. Don’t get me wrong, the 962 is definitely a keeper of excellent bargain quality and I couldn’t live without it now that I've handled it. The Bee just takes it to the next level. Another contender is the Ganzo G704 but I don’t have it yet to compare. Anyone with all three of these that can advise?
I might have to sleep with the Bee under my pillow tonight.

i have been meaning to post some thought to this but have been busy, i own this CTD rough use knife WOW , shocking it cut that strap so easily after chopping ! for a tough blade it cant be to hard - the whole hard vs tough tend to cancel each other (continued below ...

that is a nice looking knife i hate to buy it on looks alone but there are a couple out there that are very nice - and why spend a mint.

i will post more later but i seen the video and had to respond - also the knife is a EXCELLENT BACK SCRATCHER ! lol

This knive really falls under the value for dollar - i got it from CTD. they are actually pretty good for my one order experience but shipping was steep ! dunno why

also as an option , kinda excited here because i am waiting on this

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001H8QZL2

link to ebay image

not same type of nice but its D2 steel ! good for slicing supposed to retain a very good edge<< i could go on with quaility blah blah , good steel ...

on the other had if you buy the 2 knives you have one for each hand !!

that would make for a wicked monkey attack from above

Never fear, I just took the plunge and ordered a couple. I'm hoping that they are not labeled "BUCK", and just come clean. Mostly, I'm hoping that they are of decent quality.

I might order those as well. The holster looks pretty bad, though.

EDIT: They're on PA now: http://www.priceangels.com/BUCK_Hard_Metal_Straight_Type_Knife_with_Sheath_White__p24525.html

Still says 'BUCK' sadly, and getting two for $26 on aliexpress is a better deal than $17 for one from PA.

Thanks for taking two bullets for the team, I hope they live up to your expectations (and mine ;-) ).

hig, that's a good find - best price out there for one piece, I think.

Vectrex, like I always say - there's no "I" in "team". Most dealer sites on Aliexpress indicate 440 steel for that blade, which is encouraging, but you know how specs can be.