POLICE 3W only $0.01

thanks for your sharing this deal,the price is so good

crap lights?

i guess so.

i crapped mine today, see end of thread:

http://www.forolinternas.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=387

To pay by PP, it takes you to the login page; but the URL does not allow you to verify the site details !? When I go to PP directly the site info is all there. There have been so many site hacks lately that I’m not prepare to risk sending my PP details to anyone but eBay.

0.01$?? hmm... Ill pass.. :p

Saving the environment for crap..

I friend got one of these from FT for free, he asked If I could mod it. I took a look at it, then I said no, its not worth putting quality parts and time into such a cheap host that did not seem very mod friendly based on a quick look.

Stock, Id much rather use my cell phone than the overly blue-purple tint from that light. Or, id rather fumble around in the dark.. :D

Cheap mod host though... :)

I don't know RaceR. The reflector, tail switch, and boost driver aren't bad. Not sure if the driver can be modded for more boost.

If I remember correctly, the ID of the host is 5/8". 5/8" OD copper pipe is readily available here. Just cut pipe to the same height as the stock plastic pill and fab a Nichia 119 emitter base. Reflow emitter to base and assemble light. There you have a nice little AA 92cri light for under $2.

ImA4Wheelr, I think its a nice gift for small kids. Although I think the colorful (red and blue) versions are cooler for kids. 8)

But I don't think the host is worth driver + emitter swap+ the work to make it fit nicely. As I understand based on what I have read emitter current is not that great either. Lens is cheap plastic and glued in place? Threads are mediocre/bad. Finish is not good. Body is thin/bad. Stock tint is horrible.

Ill say +1 to what others said:

[quote=Helios-] These cheap lights have no pill on which to mount or heatsink a real led. The threads on mine are quite bad. Not suitable for any mods really, its a throwaway light. [/quote]

I just wanted to put the warning out there too.

When that is said. If I had not done a few cheap 119 mods I might have considered it. As you know, Im all for cheap high CRI challenges.. :P

For others. Here is the easy way to make Nichia 119 MCPCB.

And for people who like free stuff and are wondering what how the Nichia 119 we are talking about is. Here is my current giveaway for an UltraFire M5 (AAA) light with Nichia 119.

Im actually considering swapping the NW Nichia 219 that I put in my Olight I3s with a WW Nichia 119. Its a very nice emitter for low current indoor lights IMO.

It is good to put a warning out there for the unsuspecting.

I guess this is a case were one man's trash is another man's treasure. Well, at least 4 man's trash.

For a penny, it’s worth it to someone who would be afraid to mod (ruin) a better more expensive light.

I missed the deal on the MXDL penlight. It’s probably not that bad of a light. I have the not AAA version and you would be surprised at how often I use it. I keep it in the bathroom in one of the drawers. I just used it a few days ago to check my dog’s ears and teeth. It’s lightweight and not too bright and I just put it in my mouth while I check his ears or clean them and he doesn’t seem to mind as much as when I use a brighter light.

It also makes a good night time pee light for when I don’t want to turn on the full force of the 6 CFLs that are mounted above my mirror. I don’t have a dimmer so it’s either full daylight brightness or pitch dark.

These two lights will make great loaners. The loaners that probably wouldn't be returned.

We are flashaholics and often one of us has bought one and can share so we know before buying what to expect, but a regular joe who i assume is the target market would not so if it were my company i would only use good products for promotions since i would not want to risk bad publicity

A “regular joe” thinks these are good flashlights though, and for $.01, can’t be bad publicity. Has anyone expected something they got for free to be great quality? If they do expect quality for $0.01, you wouldnt want them as a customer, so I don’t see any negatives to it at all. In fact you dont like the idea and even you are talking about it :slight_smile:

I’ve got 8 of these little buggars; not this one in particular, but small 1xAA lights (a bunch of 3xAAA multi led strewn throughout the house). 6 still work great for what they are and how much they cost, 1 got lost, and 1 no longer functions for some reason or another. I don’t expect top quality, but I do expect them to work for at least a year or so! :slight_smile:

Kinda disappointed that I missed out on this. :frowning:

To me they are nice, especially they only cost $0.01, plus there is always better than no light at all. :bigsmile:

Somebody have its mxdl shipped yet?.
I have not an email with the shipped information.

Mine shipped. I didn't get an email.

The flashlights (mxdl) has arrived at home for somebody?

Not yet.

no :~

Ok, same here…

I thought I already posted an answer. Guess I must have misposted in some other thread out there. I haven't received mine either.