[Poll] New TS10 **Titanium** options, shiny, stonewashed, copper head...

Interesting! But how to do the repolishing? Some special thing or just the same as brass, copper, non-anodized aluminum, etc?

yes
I use a jewelry polishing cloth

or if I want to refinish deeper marks, I can use 600 grit and or 1500 grit emery paper first, finishing with a metal polish of your choosing

1 Thank

I always prefer stonewashed. The feel, look, and grip. Luckily I have my own stonewash setup so I roll my own and refinish all the time.

I don’t have any titanium lights. I don’t think I actually have anything made of titanium. But heck, I’ll give it a try and make it my 5th TS10.

Alternating shiny and brushed or stonewashed parts but Without any copper needs to be an option.

Ti might be the only way I ever own one of these things. They’re just too dang small to use as a every day regular use light, but too big for a key( or necklace in my case) light. Thinking Ti being heavier (not that I can tell it with other Ti lights) could help.

Another write in vote for me would be a Stainless steel version, heavy and shiny.

But truth of the matter is I’ll probably never do it…

1 Thank

Clear ano! Or busttttt

Thanks to the 84 people that have voted so far.

I hope we can reach over 100 votes :wink:

1 Thank

I think a disadvantage of aluminum is that the contacts may not be 100% reliable with time, maybe because an oxyde layer forms over them with time (or grease from the treads creeps in?). Titanium is potentially more reliable in a way.

I think shiny titanium looks good, but that brushed or stonewashed have different styles and some look nicer than others.

agree
too much lube can block electrical contact

the first thing I do if a light flickers or is unreliable, is wipe off the threads, end of body tube, and inside the head, with a dry paper towel.

Bare aluminum.

It looks about the same as bare titanium, but is lighter, cheaper, and better at moving heat. Holds up pretty well to scratches too, since a silver scratch isn’t very visible on a silver base.

… and to make it, the manufacturer basically just has to skip a step compared to the regular anodized aluminum version. Or, ideally, skip two steps – don’t anodize it, and don’t paint on any logos.

The buyer can polish it pretty easily if desired, or leave it raw. Both are good.

Also, give it a clip similar to the ZebraLight H5 series clip. The SP10 clip isn’t very good.

6 Thanks

That sure is a very nice clip. Any idea how to find them for sale… Yes I did look, but came up empty.

Nope, sorry. I don’t see them for sale anywhere any more. ZL seems to using a new 2-way clip now, which is … meh.

The one I’m using is almost a decade old now, and if I knew they wouldn’t be available any more, I would have ordered more.

The best I can do now is basically just beg companies to make a clone of it. Would be super cool if the TS10 shipped with one of these by default.

1 Thank

I use these clips on my TS10, sold by lumintop for the EDC05

I like that they do not rub on the head when changing batteries:
Imgur

(the titanium bezel is from a FWAA)

another option for a TS10 is the TS10 black clip, it looks like this Olight Baton clip:

1 Thank

… but I like head rubs! :face_holding_back_tears:

Seriously, though, I agree. The ideal spot for a clip to land is on the flat part just short of the seam between the tube and the head. The ZL clip goes a little too far, while the Lumintop clip is too short. Between the two though, I prefer the ZL clip. It’s easier to use, and I don’t mind lifting the clip a little when I change the battery.

2 Thanks

I recall @PeyoX has made his own bare aluminum version. Yes it looks nice!

That looks super interesting, single emitter mod?

no
only the bezel from the FWAA… I bought a spare bezel from lumintoplighting, but they are sold out…

the threads match but its quite fiddly to fit the bezel over the O ring… and the outer diameter of the FWAA bezel is about 1 mm less than the stock TS10 bezel…

its a direct swap, but not identical

THESE should work. Only a few left though. Not exactly cheap. Ti though.

Thanks for that. I do have a few clips that work fine and I like better than the stock clips. But none that seem as good as the specific one that Toykeeper posted. Besides, $31 for a clip is too much for me…
But I do appreciate the link!

I got the 3 clips from NKON. Thanks everyone that helped for helping me find them. I really like the clips. Easy on off, wide for good retention. Less metal sticking out to scratch things. I wish there were more out there… But I may have gotten the last ones available.

2 Thanks