[Poll] New TS10 **Titanium** options, shiny, stonewashed, copper head...

• All Shiny Titanium
  • All Stonewashed Titanium
  • Shiny bezel, body and tail, but copper head
  • Stonewashed bezel, body and tail, but copper head
  • I dont like those choices, I want something else
0 voters
1 Thank

I dont know why the 3rd choice is in the middle of the poll, I put it as the last option, but it moved itself to the middle…

Anyway, I hope the poll helps inform Wurkkos of what BLF voters prefer.

I am just not a fan of titanium for flashlights. It loses to aluminum in almost every area of performance. It is heavier, does not conduct heat as well and is more expensive. The only thing it wins on is the “cool” factor. But as my flashlights are tools, “cool” comes in last for consideration.

If, for some reason, I was forced to go with Ti, it would be the full stonewash treatment.

4 Thanks

Thermals be damned.
Give me the cool ts10

1 Thank

Once you vote and view the results then they reorder from most to least voted.

2 Thanks

I’d get at least one each of all shiny and an all stonewashed. Would probably only get one Ti/Cu and would definitely pick full-Ti over it. Would be more interested in Ti/Al than Ti/Cu.

I’m also of this mindset. Perhaps a lowish output keychain AAA for aesthetics.

Full ti, but i will buy anyway

Agreed. I have a Ti KR4 someone gave me. Sits unused.

I only have one Ti light, Thor Antman, because the Ti version (for some stupid reason) is more powerful. It also looks cooler, but I wish it was made out of Aluminum

So I have refrained from voting lol

For those of us who like our flashlights to look like “shelf queens” even though we actually EDC them, titanium is better.

Keep an aluminum light in your pocket with your keys and the anodizing will get all dinged up. These dings and scratches look quite visible with black anodizing.

Do the same with a titanium light and it will still look great. Any scratches or wear marks tend to be much smaller and far less visible.

I get it. Sort of. EDC has to be pretty lightweight for me. Ti just doesn’t save me any weight. It does look good sitting on a side table or nightstand though.

That’s true too.

For practical use (where how pretty the light looks when off isn’t a factor), aluminum is pretty much superior in every respect. It’s cheaper, lighter, has better thermal properties and is tough enough.

1 Thank

That’s true for a titanium TS10.

But if the flashlight was designed to be titanium from the get-go, it could be lighter. After all, titanium has better strength-to-weight ratio than aluminium, thus the walls could be made thinner and the whole flashlight lighter.

Of course heat can be an issue with high output lights due to titanium’s worse heat conduction.

That’s my main gripe with most titanium flashlights - often they are just flashy yet inferior versions of the original flashlights.

1 Thank

how about a fully dressed premium versioni: ss316 bezel, copper head, and ss316 body, matching copper button on tailcap, single emitter? itll be heavy and real tough.

1 Thank

Thanks to all the people who have voted so far.

Just out of aesthetics, or some other consideration eg resistance to scratches or not showing them so much, etc?

One advantage of shiny Ti is that wear marks can be repolished

When Stonewashed gets wear marks or scratches, polishing is not a good option, because it wears off the surface finish.

Same as anodising on Aluminium, when the surface coating gets worn or damaged, it cannot be fixed.

2 Thanks

Aesthetics. I like both and the TS10 is very collectible.

2 Thanks

Interesting! But how to do the repolishing? Some special thing or just the same as brass, copper, non-anodized aluminum, etc?