Poor Man's SPARK SP6

HI - If you are not familiar with the SPARK SP6 - please check out the fantastic review of it below, which was done by TurboBB. The light is really nice, with the coolest part of the light being the reflector/LED placement.

Review: SPARK SP6 (5 x XM-L T6) by TurboBB

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/10256

Here are some photos of the reflector/led set up of the SPARK SP6

So now that you are familiar, or refamiliarized with the SPARK SP6, what is this mystery poor man's version?

Here are some photos of the reflector/led setup:

You'll notice in the photo above, that this poor man's version only has 4 LED's total, and the reflector is divided up into thirds and not quartered as on the SPARK.

In this photo above you can make out one of the side LED's.

Above you can see the light on.

So, enough already... let's see the light! Well I did tell you it's the poor man's version... very poor that is!

This is it. The light is branded Eddie Bauer, and I bought it at Staples. It is actually not very well made, and the output is likely not even as bright as the SPARK on it's lowest setting. Think of this light as in "moon mode" all the time. LOL

Yes that is real, fake leather around the body of the light! It runs on 2-D batteries.

Above and below, size comp with EYE30 and Fenix P30

Anyway I thought you guys would get a kick out of this light. The novelty of it is high, but the reality is that it's kinda a POS. --KartRacer31

anytime somebody made something for themselves is always a has cool factor to it… as long it makes you happy, especially doesn’t cost much… more power to you :beer:

Thanks, but I didn’t make this, it came stock that way. :slight_smile:

Cool lookin,even if it it a POS,now when are you throwing some xml's in it?

Nice looking light. I can’t say where they got the reflector from, but the flashlight itself is based off one of the Hong Kong flashlights. I don’t have this particular reflectored model, but I do have a 2 and 3 cell version without the simulated leather wrap. Typically made of thin steel and tend to rust easily if not taken care of. Thanks for posting, I really like this one.

I like it. I wonder how much work it would take to swap out the emitters.

A friend of mine who works at Staples got me one of these for Xmas. He knew it was nothing output-wise compared to most of my lights, but it’s a cool novelty!

I think this one is gonna stay stock… at least in my hands. If I try to mod it, it will go from a POS that works to a POS that doesn’t! LOL

Glad you like it. You are correct, it must be in the same family as the lights you are speaking of - the steel is super thin, and the edges are wicked sharp when you have it apart.

Way more ability than I have - but my first concern would be heat sinking. The reflector and housing are plastic.

I agree, the novelty of it is what drew me to it, and kept me from being too dissapointed by the output. :slight_smile: