Portable Bench Top power supply using the DPS5015 - FINISHED, for now

no first hand experience but if it is the same part I see no reason why it would not work.

Do you know how you blew it? Maximum current limit is 15A, I have not yet gone that high with mine.

I did perform an experiment with the current limit set at 10mA. Very cool to be able to do stuff like that!

I have connected the output incorrectly, than i did one charging a PB Battery :confounded: .

yes, you can use it , it is ok.
in fact,. when you make order on RD official store, please tell me you need 20A fuse, I can give you some , ok?
the burnt reason is when you connect the battery reversely polarity, it is burnt , so be careful
when it burnt , the LED above fuse was lighting .

the burnt reason is when you connect the battery reversely polarity, it is burnt , so be careful

Ok, thank you.
Yes the LED lighting red.

yes, the fuse is burnt. we can replace it , that’s ok;

I got the email about the DPS5020 today also. Haven’t actually put my DPS5015 supply together yet, tempting to go for the upgrade.

Nice, I always like more amps.
I would still need like 40+ if I wanted to overdrive a luminus LED a lot.
Maybe some day we will get a DPS5050 :smiley:

I am more interested in a logging version of the communication version. I have a 5015 and am happy with that, but if/when logging becomes available, I’ll pick up one of them.

Well I guess I will just have to order one. I have decided it is not cost effective to adapt my portable supply to accept the reverse polarity of the 40V Ryobi battery. So I will just use this new DPS5020 in a second build.

I can wait for logging, when and if it happens I’ll get a third.
In the meantime I am enjoying the benefits of the one I have :+1:

yes, DPS5015 COMMUNICACTION version was published , so please check

there is no way to update old version, there is not program to support

thank you , for now , there is not 50A version

sorry, there is not this function , but I can consider
thank you for your support

ok, thank you
I will consider this

I’ll throw my interest in for a logging function as well, even if it is just a basic serial output that has to be read using PuTTY or similar. Give me a reason to buy a third!

I would also be interested in an electronic load to go with it. Just something with basic CC, CV, and CR functionality would be great if it could be done at a good price point.

I also agree, when I first saw the communication version I assumed it had logging and was excited.

Without logging I am not sure what the point of hooking it up to a computer is?

Logging would be a VERY good feature to have, I would buy another power supply if it included a good quality logging option. The higher the accuracy and refresh rate the better.

Thank you very much for your advice, i will recorde this , in the future version, we will consider to add those function
about the load, I will consider .
thank you again