Possible standoff in progress near my family's house

A few weeks ago, I observed flashing police lights outside the 7’ tall wall that surrounds my house. I started watching through the outside security camera. They were using a Police marked flatbed Tow Truck to remove a pick up truck parked next door, at a house that is abandoned. There were also two police cars.

My guess is it was a stolen vehicle. Then 2 officers in full ninja outfits started searching the area for a suspect. They approached my locked gate, and then moved on.

Moral of the story, if you see police lights, and or, hear police using their public address system, stay inside, and lock the doors. Do not go outside, in case they mistake you for a suspect.

SDS 12ga

Oh yeh, I remember that one. :laughing:

They made him up to look just like House, but he seemed to talk in slow-motion. House was/is way more repidfire than that.

[quote=Dalamar]

Eh, even then, they don’t seem to care. I usually shoot them since they’re on our predatory protection exclusion bit of the law and everything on that list has been killing livestock, but I had one walk past me by a gate where I set the gun down on the atv to open it and he just totally ignored me, no way he didn’t hear the atv or see me moving. Only time I got personally sprayed was in a barn, if they feel backed into a corner or threatened, they spray.

Thankfully I think that family of potential problems is gone now. Parents lose everything they have, so they either don’t use a light, or a really crap AA one…they been sprayed more than me in my lifetime lol

NGL, the news outlets, even local ones, are almost all subsidiaries of drastically bigger fish… have you not noticed the “cherry picking”?

Even Columbus, NE news outlets are owned by the top 4

*since a gun was involved and the case was ignored, this may not apply to you, lol[/quote

Ooh I hope the spray smell didn’t stay on you for a few days. :slight_smile: That Skunk smell is quite powerful. Gets in your house no problem. :smiley:
Yeah I always hear them sniffing too. I believe their sense of smell is quite powerful. I’ll make sure not to include beans in my diet next time I decide to hangout at the back lol.

Oh yeah… those are sweet. :white_check_mark:

Bullpups look pretty cool.

I like how compact they are.

If I were to get a gun, I'd consider one, though I would probably just get a reasonably powerful handgun.

RC…. :+1: :beer:

The main thing that's preventing me from getting a gun is the fact that you're supposed to clean them periodically, and I don't feel like doing that.

When I was in Boy Scouts, the only things I was good at were shooting guns and using computers.

I never earned even a single merit badge even though I was active in Boy Scouts for years.

If you’re going to only have one gun IMHO it should be a shotgun.

We actually have a shotgun that has never been used or cleaned.

It's a Mossberg 500.

I looked up YouTube videos years ago on how to load and reload it, so I think I could use it if I needed to.

Since it's in mint condition, and we never use it, we should sell it.

Pretty good advice. :white_check_mark:

Note: added to above quote.

Thanks for the correction.

That’s what I have too. Keep it. Never know when it will come in handy.

RC, Hang on to it. Way things are going it’s only going to increase in value.
And it’s not on any of the scary guns list for CA. (Yet) :sunglasses:
You might buy some dummy rounds for it. Then you can practice loading, cycling, and unloading safely.
All the Best,
Jeff

The Mossberg 500 is one of the best most reliable pump guns ever made. Jeff is right. Going up in value

I really like the safety placement on Mossbergs. For me, on the tang makes way more sense than the little button by the trigger guard.
Easy to tell by a glance or feel.
All the Best,
Jeff

My older sister's ex-husband picked the Mossberg for us.

We got it to potentially kill the killer pit bull that used to live next to us and killed my mom's German Shepherd.

Luckily, I didn't have to kill the pit bull because things would have probably escalated between us and our a-hole neighbor, and we moved away to our current home 7 years ago.

Around here most people have several guns —we are taught to hunt and fish at a very young age —- it’s a thing that’s passed on (Father/son )
My 9 yr old grandson has already got a few deer and even a nice Gobbler this year —- But they are Tools not Toys ( except for the one’s I just have to have “Because” )

There's been a few incidents here where pit-bulls attacked smaller dogs and killed them. So now whenever I go out riding, I always have my trusted Ken-Tool with me plus the Kershaw. The Ken-Tool is actually a tire knocker and made of hardwood!

Big Mamma

Yeah, ever since our German Shepherd got killed, I stay the heck away from pit bulls.

I don't care if they've never attacked any animal or person and have always been friendly.

They tend to turn on people and animals more than most breeds due to their horrific history.