Possibly a good deal on ebay - Ended up as a scam

They still have to give you what is pictured. I made a .pdf of the product page in case it gets pulled or changed. That would be a tough case to make that the pictures don't have anything to do with what you are getting. But clearly this person just pulled the pictures from another seller, which tells you something.

Well, I really hope that it turns out to be the deal of the year.

But then, I also hope Santa Claus will be nice to me on Xmas.

Just a thought regarding this:

"In case the item is defective, please inform us within 30 days of receipt, we will replace a new one. No Refunds are offered.

Buyers have to pay for the return cost"

Let's say you get a Black Cat (or similar) instead of an XP-G Skyray.

Will you take the pain to ship it back to Australia (or wherever) to be exchanged?

I guess my decision was very spontaneous when I saw the price :)

so I have canceled the order

lets hope fran82 you are right

Dont do it guys! ITS 100% a SCAM! I recognized this location from a similar scam, when someone was selling wireless mouses at umbelivable low prices. The location was the same:

"Upper Mt Gravatt, Queensland, Australia"

Also remember:

- if the deal is (way) to good to be true, it probably is!

- if the seller is not from China, its also very likely that deal is a scam, because there is a little chance that sellers from elsewhere can sell items with such a low prices (still its posible, but not probable)

- the seller CAN actually create several ebay registrations, so that it can give himself a positive feedback. Its not likely, that he crates more than 20 registrations - "the wireless mouse guy - probably the same guy as in this deal" had like 4 positive feedbacks.

Watch out!

It does say "Seller ships within 10 days after receiving cleared payment "

Maybe "status claimed" means that when he to transfers the money into his bank account. He will wait until the final day( day 29) then tranfer the money(Status Claimed), he has 10 days to ship. So he processes it all in one go on the final day.

By that time it will be too late.

Two easy steps:

1. Cancel your current eBay account
  2. Don't ever open another one.

:bigsmile:

Any questions about my foolproof method?

(Just kidding. I also use eBay. Unfortunately.)

I have received an email from ebay saying that the products have dissapeared from ebay and if I have payid talk with my bank to cancell the payment

Too good to be true. It doesn't even show up under items I won anymore. It's like it never existed.

I cancelled yesterday 1 hour after payment. Good for me

Yep it was a scam! Sorry BLF community!

From ebay:

We're writing to let you know that this listing for an item you won or bid on is no longer available:

270662910464 - Cree Led 800 Lumens Flashlight Camping Torch Lamp S-R5

We understand this may be disappointing, but we need to remove listings when the item is not allowed on our site. Sometimes, the item itself may be fine, but was listed in a way that didn't follow eBay's guidelines.

Here's what you can do next:

-- If you already paid for and received your item, and you're happy with it, please disregard this notice.
-- If you won the item but haven't paid, don't pay. Since eBay canceled the listing, you're no longer obligated to go through with the transaction.
-- If you already paid for this item through eBay, but haven't received it, check the listing for the estimated delivery time. If it's within the delivery time, please contact the seller for details. If it's past the estimated delivery time, you can open a case in our Resolution Center to get your money back. Click the link below, and select the "I haven't received it yet" option. This will guide you through the process of getting a refund.
http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com

If the seller offers you the item outside of eBay, we strongly discourage you from accepting the offer. These types of transactions are extremely risky and aren't covered by eBay buyer protection programs.

If you didn't pay through eBay, and:
-- You paid by Western Union or MoneyGram, contact the company directly (Western Union 800-325-6000 or MoneyGram 800-926-9400).
-- You paid by check, contact your bank to stop payment.

Thanks,

eBay

Odd..... I just got mine works flawlessly.It was flown to my door via the stork ..I refused to sign for the baby but the flasjhlights are perfect ........and then I woke up ...sweating

it was just my dog barking and my wife in the kitchen with her head in the fridge eating pickles ...i'm going back to bed

Here we go again: http://cgi.ebay.com/800Lumens-CREE-Led-Torch-Flashlight-3-6v-14500-Charger-/110616285626?pt=AU_Sport_Camping_Hiking_Lamps_Torches&hash=item19c13e91ba

This time the seller has 1 positive feedback from a netherlandic buyer. The respective deal though was removed from ebay, too. Who wants to contact him and ask him?

I wonder what's behind this? I don't see any chances for them to keep the money. Maybe they try to build a spam catalog with flashaholic adresses? :D

Interesting. No clue about their game plan but considering that spammers can buy verified address lists for less than a decent meal these days, they'd probably have trouble finding a buyer. And it seems that eBay doesn't really care or they'd make it easier to report possible fraud. Heck, on Craigslist you click the appropriate link to flag a post and that's it. eBay, by contrast, makes you recite the Klingon alphabet backwards while doing handstand pushups. ;)

Must be the same guy as before

I'm taking the plunge -NOT

The listing is removed.