Post your LD-2 modded flashlights

Just finished two BLF EE X6’s with spring mods, stock emitters. Had to trim the button on one tail cap cover to reduce switch sensitivity. Both measured ~ 5. 5A with new LG HE4 cells. Very thick, short wires but no guarantees on my set up. Medium is comparable to high on the stock BLF edition. Also modded is a 502 B that had some body work done to accommodate 2 x 18650 cells for an XHP 50. Baked ano, copper fins and pill that screws to reflector and fins, solder wick switch spring. Thanks for the tip on the NTC short. I’ll post current draw later this week.

that light looks fantastic!

Wow, that looks great i love the wooden tube grip part of it :slight_smile:

Thanks guys, I like how it’s turned out too, especially how the figure in the cherry matches the baked ano.

Might not be the driver but the led or protected cell over current trip. Look for black spots at the bond wires or try a different cell.

copper fins and pill that screws to reflector and fins

I sure want to know more about how you did that.

Just jumping in here.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/34440#node-40540

Thanks Steve, P60 drop ins use 20mm x 1 mm thread and I found at tap at a local salvage yard and ordered a matching die. That thread details how the parts were made and threaded to allow that screw together connection. Should have much better thermal transfer than the typical floating drop in and the added mass and surface area won’t hurt either. No lathes involved.

Hi,

a custom build body made by fritz15 based on a Foursevens X10 was used to upgrade from a dedomed MT-G2 to a red SST90 with LD2 12A driver :bigsmile:

Quiet not fully stable at the moment, but i think worth sharing :wink:

Greetings

Kenjii

Very nice. How far does it throw?

Hi,

not measured yet but i think the light does about 600m throw.

Greetings

Kenjii

Well thats better than my eyes.

I don’t know what took me so long to finally use the LD-2 driver, but here I used one of the 3 I got. This sinner titanium host has been through at least 5 different driver/LED configuration. The pill has been reflowed with a copper mcpcb on top numerous times but now it finally got a definitive combo to live with.

I used the new Nichia 219C, perhaps not the most efficient LED choice because of the extremely low vF and even with a low drain cell I can imagine it losing a couple watts in the driver. But I like the brightness produced in medium which draws exactly 1A (my high is set at 5A). I had a spare reflector and centering ring from a defective BLF A6 so I used that.

Pretty pleased with the result, the LD-2 is an excellent driver with easy to use UI but… High cannot run for 30 seconds or the temp sensor will activate and the warning flash is quite annoying, I would’ve preferred a simple smooth drop. Maybe LD-3 will improve on this?

I'll probably change overtemp. warning to just one flash,thanks for your suggestion.

I would test it in an aluminum host first before changing your overtemp setting. Are others complaining? TI is one of the worst materials used in flashlights for transferring heat, so its of no surprise that it overheats so quickly.

Hi,

another LD2-M2 now running a NiteCore TM36 Lite :slight_smile:

842 Kcd 0:)

Greetings

Kenjii

Great work, thanks for sharing!

I can’t read the value of the current resistor, is it set to 9A?

Hi,

no, it is set to 6A. I think the LED gets about ~4-4.5A. I hope i can do some beamshots tonight.

Greetings

Kenjii

great build!

A Nitefighter F41C with a XHP50 more info here :

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/37376/1158

I did also try a MT-G2 but the drivers thermal protection kicked in after 60 seconds, I will try to get a better heat transfer between the driver and the host, maybe with some thermal cubes.

I think MT-G2 looks great in there :slight_smile:

Convoy L6 —–9A 4300 Lumen.100 KLux

Boss 1 XHP 35—- 2,5A, 2000 Lumen,520 KLux

Lumensteins Lux Monster 3 Olight SR 90 Reflectors—–8A parallel—–3 XHP 35
ca 5-6000 Lumen, 1,6 mio Lux (ca 96 Watt)

I really like this driver.

All other drivers i use in the Lumensteins need a resistence,cause of the 4s Lippo.

At start,cause of the high start energie,all other drivers began to stinky and burned dead.

Not the Ld M2,direct at the Lippo.
No prpb for this drtiver :+1:

Thanks Neven for the driver and allways good assistene,if there is any question.

Regards Xandre