Pre Order your 16mm sinkpads

got mine today,thanks nitro,package was great.

I don’t have hot air reflow either. I just use a small butane torch on low and heat from underneath. The heavy wire is for the DIY Sinkpad mod not power. You drill a hole for the wire through the center pad and into some copper underneath and grind/file it flush to the pad. This gives a direct heat path(though not as large) for the led bypassing the dielectric layer. Not my idea but I’ve used it on a few solitaire mods.

Not sure how accurate judging how output is affected solely by looking at temperature. A Sinkpad might result in same or warmer host and higher lumen count even though junction temp is lowered.

Look at what the postman dropped off yesterday.

They managed to save the address portion along with the pcb’s and put the remains of the original envelope along with its contents into a new envelope and forwarded it. Postage date was 3 weeks ago but I imagine some poor person in the bowels of the postal service with the job of picking up shredded envelopes in the hope of doing just this.

Nitro, as soon as the replacements arrive(likely Tuesday) I can send the extras back to you or to some other similar cost destination.

At least now we know they weren’t stolen by a postal flashaholic.

I actually wonder how much damage is caused to USPS automated processing equipment because of improperly packaged stuff like this… It would be interesting to know how robust their machinery is and whether these types of things actually break stuff :slight_smile:

PPtk

Like I said in an earlier post, I think Automated Processing Equipment is actually refurbished wood chippers :smiley:

Hey Nitro, still no update on the last half of my order! can you please get back to me on that…

I am still waiting on mine, have all other European members got their packages?

I got mine last monday.

Hmm…still haven’t got mine yet. Have been PMing nitro but no response, his last post was on May 28. Has anyone been in touch with him?

Mine arrived last week

Nitro said he sent my missing order a week ago. still no copper….

i think its an unreliability thing, i don’t think nitro is a stand up seller, but hes not a straight scammer either, he has ‘fixed’ his own mistakes a few times when he could have said tough luck the paypal window is over so screw you , but he should know better then to make those mistakes and extra profit moves that backfire, and to stay on top of what he says he will do

13 days is not that long, from ohio to here which is 4 hours driving distance things take about a month to arrive
from california to here which is 4 days of driving takes 6-8 days
so i’ve come to think that some states postal services are faster then other states

just stay on top of that 45 day paypal window

You're right. I know he'll come through. It's just the lack of communication and follow-through is a little off-putting. And, it's not like I have this life-or-death need for a DMM. Just hoping to get it sooner, I guess.

calmFoy

Still, its a pricey piece of equipment, and just because we have many upstanding people on BLF you can’t paint everyone with the same brush (even if it is a positive one which does fit many of the people here), so if its not showing up near the 45 day mark do file a claim/dialogue or whatever they call it

I also don’t get why he can’t go to the effort of saying i sent it and have the receipt so if it doesn’t show up then the post office will have some explaining to do, especially since those few words would reassure his customer and make people more likely to think he is a decent guy

i have to be honest, i can’t imagine a nuclearFoy

I was assuming it was sent USPS, i’ve had a few UPS, Fedex, DHL etc over the years and i am inclined to agree with you that it should not take that long.
I don’t know if you can call UPS and ask them with your full name and address if they can look it up for you, but it does not hurt to try.

not at all, i think its important to have examples publicly posted so others can make informed decisions

DNF is still waiting for his as well Foy. They will turn up one day. :beer:

Yes I read Foys pre edit and edit. Anyone else from Aus still waiting?