Project: SUNLIKE LT1 board (Option for 660nm Red)

so, who are interesting? I will send 2pcbs. 2700+4000k and 2700+660nm
_
ready!

Wow amazing to see these come together!

I’m still definitely interested in the 2700 + 660nm if you are planning on selling them, I’m happy to place another order/pay the necessary cost :+1:

Please correct me if I am wrong, but would it not be a much better choice to use a phosphor converted red emitter? The non-phosphor converted emitter used now has a very spiky spectrum, and I fear that during tint mixing with the 2700K emitter the resultant light may not have as high a CRI. Of course I could be totally wrong. Is it possible for you to provide us with the spectrometer readings for the following scenarios?

1. 75% 2700k 25% Red
2. 50% 2700K 50% Red
3. 25% 2700K 75% Red

This project looks very interesting, and would be even more interesting if higher CRI light could be had (via tint ramping) at lower CCTs such as 2200K, 2000K, 1700K etc.

All this is much more likely to be possible if the red emitter is not a narrow band emitter with CRI of 0.

ok, I will send it to you first. the payment is after. I have no LT1 flashlight (cose it was theft in Belarus). Give me address (in PM) and I will send it to you by letter like papers.

I can not sell for old price anymore, everything is so expensive in Norway, but here is a lot of free food and it is no payment from me for flat in my camp (prison) =)

fake red (with blue crystal with luminophore) will be about 635nm, I do not think that it will be better than 660nm

I can not mix it, I have no flashlight anymore =(

But I think that WW+660nm will be with high CRI and R9 too if 25-50% mixing

To prove that a single wavelength red led can indeed work in a tint mix: I tried mixing before with a 80cri 2700K led and a 640nm single wavelength led, and it worked very well: the red light lowers the CCT and at a certain mix ratio the CRI number was significantly higher than the 2700K led alone. I posted about it 3.5 years ago: pointless mods: a high CRI lighted tail (bonus: Cree XD16 test)

Lampman, I would like to test a board as well, if you have one left, will pay whatever is your costs. I can check output with my sphere and light quality with my spectrometer. I’m in the Netherlands.

I was in for an empty board as well long ago when things were still quiet in Belarus, I’m still interested in one as well.

I hope that you and your son are allowed out of your “prison” at some point and can build up some form of normal life.

I think that mixing with CRI:97 leds with high R9 (not with CRI:80 leds) will be better with 660nm. Also (I think so) using 660nm mean lighting for night night vision like on ships or submarines or others where you have no time to adaptive to vision in darkness.

I am not so bad in this camp now, my son starts going to school, I have free time, he have some assistants there, life gone be better.

Give me address in PM. You need both or what spectrum? I will solder it.

Lampman, what is the price for two boards, one 4000K+2700K and one 2700K+660nm with postage to Cyprus? I am thinking of ordering, after djozz has had the opportunity to test a board.

By the way how is the difference handled between the Vf for the WW emitter and the Vf for the 660nm emitter? Would the choice of resistor (I assume one might be used on one of the channels) affect the maximum brightness of the red channel vs that of the WW channel? Would it be at all achievable to have the same maximum brightness on both channels?

old price was 15.30$ (here ), now it should be 22$ for single board and 20$ if 2 pcs. Also some later I am going to send all payed orders.

If it will be by letter as papers, it will be cheap, if like parcel 0-1kg, it will be 32-35$

About resistor I do not know, I can say only with flashlight.

Also I have 660nm with twice bigger crystal

I’ve dropped a PM.

Glad to hear things are improving for you, great to hear that your son has been able to start school now. I hope things continue to get better for you :slight_smile:

I sended 2 letters today.

1st try was without tracking number

33kr + 15kr (envelope with pimples) for 50g

and

36kr + 15kr for 73g

but for tracking letter it was 235+15kr for 50g and the same for 73g Rekommandert brev utland (Registered letters abroad) Next time I will try to ask “Brev med sporing til noen land (ingen endring)” Letters with tracking to some countries (no change), it is 115kr

1 EUR = 9,1918 NOK

also 5600k SOL leds at LT1 pcb and Norway’s sun spectrum 3.09.2022 at 14:30

Slightly tangential but I find it strange that sunlight measured lower on R9 despite having a much fuller red spectrum. Is the spec saying that sunlight oversaturates reds, or am I misunderstanding something?

Sunlight is not your ideal light source. The atmosphere filters out some wavelengths.

I think it’s either an artifact of most of the portion of the sun’s spectrum where it is well above the LED’s is beyond 650nm, where the human eye sensitivity is low, or else it is a limitation of the instrument used, presumably making a direct measurement of a parameter that is technically intended to be measured from reflected light.

Either way, the practical differences are trivial. Both sources have superb color rendering.

even incandescent and halogen lamps do not have ideal spectrum and high R9

Halogen E27 100W & Halogen E27 75W matt (from China)

bedside table lamp in hotel in Oslo & 75w E27 incandescent bulb

20w DRL (Daytime running lights) in Cadillac Escalade 3 (~15v when engine just started ~10min) & GE Halogen E27 70W Matt with 200v

Halogen E27 70W matt & transparent with reflector (table lamp) from General Electric (GE)

Halogen GU10

SunLike, thank you so much for sharing the data for the various incandescent sources! It's a real surprise for me to learn that some of them don't measure that high on CRI or R9.

Do you happen to own an incandescent light bulb with a powdery light blue coating on the inside, and if so, would you test its spectrum and color rendering? (An example is General Electric "Reveal" series.)

I am very interested because this coating (Nd2O3) filters out yellow wavelengths and oversaturates reds tremendously. To my eyes it renders colors much better than an unfiltered incandescent, but I conjecture that it will test with low R9 and maybe even low CRI.

No, I have no. But you can send it to me.

matt halogen bulb 75w e27 from China was with a white coating inside & GE 70w e27 (spectrum with 200v powerline) was made matte by me from outside

So, you received pcb 1 week ago. How is it?

Peoples, I find that now Sofirn also have:

- Anduril 2.0 BLF LT1,

- LT1S USB C 21700,

• BLF LT1-Mini Torch Anduril 2.0

So, already 4 types of LT1 and LT1S here and here

Because I have no any flashlight, I need one. But may be someone know, in Sofirn Anduril 2.0 BLF LT1 is the same pcb with BLF LT1?

LT1 2.0 has the same LED PCB as far as I know. It’s just the regular LT1 with an updated driver and Anduril 2.

LT1M is a much smaller one with different design.

LT1S comes without Anduril and is completely different as well: Imgur: The magic of the Internet