Project YETA F13M

Well just started a new project… Called YETA F13M (Yet another F13 Modd) :stuck_out_tongue:

Wanted to get opinions and ideas on the setup so far.

First I want to send it to (Someone) to get bead blasted or cerakote (Prefer bead blasting though)… Please PM me if you can do this :smiley:

Now for parts here is what I got….

CREE XP-L HI V2 5D LED on Noctigon 20mm MCPCB

I am big on Neutral White Tints hence the 4K Selection… I also love Nicha’s but couldn’t find any stock on a 20mm of those temp colors up at Mountain… Or anything between 3800K and 4K… If you have a place please link me :slight_smile:

22mm 16x 7135 6A LED DRIVER

• Alternate Firmware: Flash STAR FW OFF-TIME WITH MEMORY
  • Increase/Reduce Driver Current 7135: Remove (8) 7135 Chip
  • My FW Selection (1) 2% - (2) 15% - (3) - 50% (4) - 100% + Memory + Turbo Step down of 60 Seconds.
  • Copper Breaded Spring

I am also looking for somebody willing to build me an illuminated tailcap:

I dont have the tools nor the hand to solder this small after my surgery this past weekend… :frowning:
So I am willing to pay someone to build me one for the F13. (Note: Will I need to go with a different driver if I go this route?)

I am open to recommendations and constructive criticism!
Thanks again!

Didn’t take me long to find that Lexar’s drivers support lighted tail caps…

Here is what I got so far if I order from him:

22mm Bistro HD OTSM Attiny25V with steel spring
6” x 1.0mm2 silicone wire

Fully assembled….

Thoughts? :smiley:

Bump for some advice :slight_smile:
TIA!

No advice?

Sounds good what you are building :slight_smile:
I’m in Europe, so I can not build stuff for you, I hope someone near you can help.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Mtn will flow a 4000k Nichia on a 20mm board if you want, probably for no charge.

If you really want a floody Nichia you could spend a bit more and build a 3x Nichia with parts from kiriba-ru

Thanks for your reply!
I thought about it… but does that mean I need to go with a different driver?
Can you recommend me a driver that would drive this config?

Thanks!

You could use the same driver but with all the 7135 chips at 6Amps or you could choose a FET+7135 driver for higher turbo and shorter runtime (assuming 22mm is the right driver size, taking your word for it)

If you go the lexel route he can certainly make probably anything you would ever want and can advise you what changes to make for a triple. I would probably tell him if you want to prioritize runtime, brightness, heat and if you want a moonlight mode or not.

I think I am going to go that way!

Thanks!

Well all parts have been order.
Will update as soon as I start getting the parts.